Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Broken foot control pedal :( >

Broken foot control pedal :(

Broken foot control pedal :(

Old 08-17-2008, 07:20 PM

Okay, I went to start back work on Deni's quilt ('cause I've barely worked on it since the wedding anniversary I went to and was starting to feel guilty about it) and when I turned on the machine the needle immediatly went 500 miles a second. Well, nothing was on my foot pedal nor was it stuck. I'm not sure what happened during the time I haven't been using my sewing machine, but something definatly screwed up my foot pedal. Unless I can learn how to feed fabric when the needle is going as fast as it will possibly go, I'm kind of stuck. I mean, I got the name of the model of the machine and the pedal, but that doesn't get me far. There isn't a place in town where I can either get it fixed or buy a whole new pedal...well, I could buy a new pedal, but that would require buying a whole new machine. lol. I'm guessing I'd have to go to the city an hour away from here to maybe find a new pedal. And buying online isn't an option because...well, no credit or debit card. *screams*
Old 08-17-2008, 07:27 PM

You can unplug the foot pedal and roll the wheel around by hand. Then it will go extra slow :lol:
Old 08-17-2008, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang
You can unplug the foot pedal and roll the wheel around by hand. Then it will go extra slow :lol:
Very funny. ...actually, I did think of that, but decided against it. Besides, I won't have that extra lighting with the machine off.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:33 PM

If you have a check cashing place, some offer "one-use" credit cards you buy for the amount you need. You can bring it back and put more money on it, or empty it and throw it away. It's around 3 bucks I think.... plus the amount you add on as credit

If you shake the foot pedal, does it rattle? Maybe something worked itself loose and is jamming.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
If you have a check cashing place, some offer "one-use" credit cards you buy for the amount you need. You can bring it back and put more money on it, or empty it and throw it away. It's around 3 bucks I think.... plus the amount you add on as credit

If you shake the foot pedal, does it rattle? Maybe something worked itself loose and is jamming.
Now that I think about it, it did rattle a little I think.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:37 PM

You can also get a foot pedal from a thrift store like i did once.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:41 PM

What kind of machine do you have FVG?
Old 08-17-2008, 09:02 PM

It the foot is rattling when you shake it, more than likely the little spring that stands upright and controls the speed when you press the foot has come loose. I had this happen with the foot for my Janome a couple of times. Not sure how your foot is made, but with mine, I just pried it open and seated the little spring back where it sits and snapped the foot back together.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:34 PM

My pedal has a screw on the bottom that you can turn to speed it up or slow it down. Maybe yours does too????
Old 08-18-2008, 05:28 AM
Banned

For online shopping, many vendors will take paypal as payment. All you need is a checking account.