Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Broken foot control pedal :(

Okay, I went to start back work on Deni's quilt ('cause I've barely worked on it since the wedding anniversary I went to and was starting to feel guilty about it) and when I turned on the machine the needle immediatly went 500 miles a second. Well, nothing was on my foot pedal nor was it stuck. I'm not sure what happened during the time I haven't been using my sewing machine, but something definatly screwed up my foot pedal. Unless I can learn how to feed fabric when the needle is going as fast as it will possibly go, I'm kind of stuck. I mean, I got the name of the model of the machine and the pedal, but that doesn't get me far. There isn't a place in town where I can either get it fixed or buy a whole new pedal...well, I could buy a new pedal, but that would require buying a whole new machine. lol. I'm guessing I'd have to go to the city an hour away from here to maybe find a new pedal. And buying online isn't an option because...well, no credit or debit card. *screams*

Blog Entries
    You can unplug the foot pedal and roll the wheel around by hand. Then it will go extra slow :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    You can unplug the foot pedal and roll the wheel around by hand. Then it will go extra slow :lol:
    Very funny. ...actually, I did think of that, but decided against it. Besides, I won't have that extra lighting with the machine off.

If you have a check cashing place, some offer "one-use" credit cards you buy for the amount you need. You can bring it back and put more money on it, or empty it and throw it away. It's around 3 bucks I think.... plus the amount you add on as credit

If you shake the foot pedal, does it rattle? Maybe something worked itself loose and is jamming.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonpi
    If you have a check cashing place, some offer "one-use" credit cards you buy for the amount you need. You can bring it back and put more money on it, or empty it and throw it away. It's around 3 bucks I think.... plus the amount you add on as credit

If you shake the foot pedal, does it rattle? Maybe something worked itself loose and is jamming.
    Now that I think about it, it did rattle a little I think.

You can also get a foot pedal from a thrift store like i did once.

What kind of machine do you have FVG?

It the foot is rattling when you shake it, more than likely the little spring that stands upright and controls the speed when you press the foot has come loose. I had this happen with the foot for my Janome a couple of times. Not sure how your foot is made, but with mine, I just pried it open and seated the little spring back where it sits and snapped the foot back together.

My pedal has a screw on the bottom that you can turn to speed it up or slow it down. Maybe yours does too????

Banned
    For online shopping, many vendors will take paypal as payment. All you need is a checking account.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast