Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother Pacesetter ULT 2003D - Opinions Please! >

Brother Pacesetter ULT 2003D - Opinions Please!

Brother Pacesetter ULT 2003D - Opinions Please!

Old 08-17-2013, 12:55 PM

Default Brother Pacesetter ULT 2003D - Opinions Please!

I am going to go tomorrow to check out a Brother Pacesetter ULT 2003D combo sewing/embroidery machine. I'm curious if anyone else has this machine? Besides my vintage machines I have a Brother embroidery only machine that does up to 5x7. The ULT 2003D I understand has a larger embroidery field. I was wondering if anyone does have this machine how it is for sewing/quilting? The machine comes with all the attachments, hoops, feet, etc. and I can purchase it for less than $800. What you think? Worth it? I'd probably sell my Brother 700II embroidery only machine or gift it to my daughter. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2013, 02:30 PM

I hear the ULT's are workhorses and it sound around the price I have seen them from, just make sure it works
Old 08-17-2013, 03:07 PM

The Ultimate's are workhorses, just keep in mind, the one you are looking at is a 10 year old horse.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:07 PM

I have a 2002D and it still works like a charm! I rarely stitch anything larger than a 5x7 but I do have a 6x10 hoop if I want to stitch larger. That does sound like a good price!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:23 PM

Thanks so much for the information! If I decide to purchase the Pacesetter we have agreed that I will take it to my service tech and she will check it out on Monday and if everything is OK the check will clear. I've been searching the net and it looks like a good deal. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:52 PM

Hello grand, I have this same machine, same year even and I love it! I bought it about, wow, its been about 7 years ago now. Holy cow that seems so long ago. I have had to take her in a few times for minor adjustments but that is because I took her EVERYWHERE. Now, she sits in one spot and I use her for only my embroidery. I just love that she takes the floppys!!
These machines are workhorses. Though old, he just keeps on working and working, You can check to see how many stitches that machine has, I forget how but the manual will tell you, There are buttons you can hit to tell you. And if you can get it for that price, grab it fast! Have fun with it!
Old 08-18-2013, 04:23 AM

I have had this machine since 2004 when I bought it new....love it...just remember it uses the floppy discs and you will need an external drive (very cheap) to transfer embroidery designs from your computer to the machine...and of course some floppy discs which I understand are stiil available (I have a lifetime supply).
Old 08-18-2013, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

I do not have this machine but the Brother machines are wonderful.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by marybrace View Post
I have had this machine since 2004 when I bought it new....love it...just remember it uses the floppy discs and you will need an external drive (very cheap) to transfer embroidery designs from your computer to the machine...and of course some floppy discs which I understand are stiil available (I have a lifetime supply).
I have the Ultimate Box with card. I'm assuming I can use the Ultimate card with this machine? I also have some Disney cards (Tink!) I'm just getting ready to go get it now. I'm excited!
Old 09-01-2013, 05:52 PM

I got the Brother ULT2003D and I am thrilled with it. My service tech said it was the cleanest machine she's ever had to look at! Apparently the previous owner did very little embroidery with it. It only had 57,000 stitch count on the embroidery! My 770II has 10 times that many and probably more. Anyway, I ended up paying $600 for it and it came with all the hoops and a ton of stabilizer and all kinds of extra little do dads. I bought a floppy external drive and a box of diskettes (haven't used that yet). She gave me about 50 diskettes with designs also. The only part I had to get was the embroidery foot (I think that is funny!). It sews so nice and smooth and I'm in love with it. My Ultimate card works just fine. I think I'm going to be very happy with this machine. I hate to sell my 770II because I love it too but I have enough machines!