Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine

Blog Entries

Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine

Does anyone have this machine? I would like opinions, good or bad. Amazon has it one sale right now and I'm considering buying it. I have never used an embroidery machine before so I don't want to invest a lot of money.

Linda

I have it but haven't used it too much. The two things I've embroidered have been fine. Reviews were pretty good on it when I was looking and price was reasonable.
    Heather

kso
    That is interesting. I went into my local Brother store a few months ago to inquire abt that machine. Was told they no longer made it and it had been replaced with a 780.

Just looked at the Brother website and it is still available for $699 which include free shipping.
    Last edited by kso; 09-06-2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: more info
    "God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses" -- Robert Bontine Cunninghame-Graham, letter to Theodore Roosevelt, 1890

Blog Entries
    The PE-770 is the same as the 780 without the Disney patterns. It is still available. I bought a 770 a few years ago and have gotten a lot of use out of it. It has a port for a USB stick as well as a card slot. It also comes with several built-in designs, but they're a bit primitive.

The machine comes with two hoops, a 4 x 4 and a 5 x 7. Maximum is 5 x 7 however you can get a repositional 5 x 10 hoop for it, but that's extra.

I just bought a new Singer SEQS-6000 which has a 6 x 10 hoop, but it doesn't have an automatic thread cutter like the PE-770 has.
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

I bought mine from all brands. com for less than $6oo. It does very well. Only problem I have is attaching the hoop. I have worked from seconds to 1/2 hr. I asked dealer but need to take it in.. The pics of desing are not ver clear sometime but it does a beautiful job of stitching