Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother PE770 embroidery machine >

Brother PE770 embroidery machine

Brother PE770 embroidery machine

Old 01-04-2013, 05:03 PM

Default Brother PE770 embroidery machine

OK, I'm going almost blind from reading all the reviews on the Brother PE770 embroidery machine. I want to so badly make an informed decision. My pocket book tells me to order it from Amazon at about $570 but my head is telling me to order from a dealer (for about $200 more) but dealer is an hour away. If you've ordered one online from Amazon or Wal-Mart or equivalent, have you been satisfied? Learned on your own? Had major issues? What 'optional' items would you order (i.e. thread, stabilizer, bobbin thread, etc)? I just need a kick in the pants....
Old 01-04-2013, 05:59 PM

I bought my brother machine from Amazon in the 4 years I have had it it has been a dream machine. I was doing embroidery within an hour of setting it up. Very user friendly I would look at embroidery.com or Artistic thread works http://www.artisticthreadworks.com/ for info on what to do regarding stableizers I usually use a tear away or an iron on if it is stretchy fabric. My Brother machine will use all kinds of thread I use what I have in the color I need. I like bottom line thread for the bobbin it is thinner and goes farther.

Last edited by Up North; 01-04-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:02 PM

My mother in law just bought this same machine from amazon prior to christmas. It is really nice and we have not had an issue. We still need to get software and patterns, but this part is a work in progress.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:11 PM

I've heard nothing but good things on this machine. I'd get it from Amazon if its easier to you. I'm sure they have some kind of warranty...but I'm not sure.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:11 AM

go for the best pricing. This little machine is a workhorse. I bought mine online 11/11 and since then it has happily created over 4 million stitches doing lace work. I also have a 12 needle commercial which isn't the best use for small items like angels and bookmarks. Zero problems with the 770 unlike the commercial. The only negative is the screen is not color and the "pictures" of the design if uploaded in PES aren't clear. By accident, I discovered the 770 reads DST so you can select your design by name. It takes longer to upload DST but if there are a lot designs on the USB drive, you can be sure you have the desired design.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:05 AM

My friend bought the 770 from Amazon and just loves it, she has embroidered so many amazing things with it. Any Brother dealer will be able to fix it under warranty. I bought a Brother 6 needle machine in one city and took it to a different dealer for a repair. (The repair guy in my city was in the hospital). I was told the dealers have contracts with Brother and they do service for all Brother machines under warranty regardless of where it was purchased.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 AM

I bought mine from a dealer on the East Coast. this company:
http://www.mrvacandmrssew.com/brothe...age-p-724.aspx

I have had no issues with it at all. And the customer service is wonderful. He answered all my questions about the machine. And shipped it out promptly.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:56 AM

I bought mine 2 years ago from Wal-Mart on line. I had previously never bought anything on line and bought from Wal-Mart versus Amazon, because I could return it to a Wal-Mart store, if needed. Since then however I have dealt with Amazon and have no problems with them either. They provide you even with the labels, if you have to return something. My PE770 works very well and so far no problems. I think it is a great machine for the money. I agree that the screen in black and white is hard to see, but I bring it up on the computer with Wilcom (free)or something similar and can see it there. We do have a dealer about an hour or so away and I could have taken some lessons there. (for a fee, of course), but I have not needed them. If you are comforable with your regular machine, you'll be fine. For me the trick still is to find the right stabilizer and the weight of it. Love to play with the machine though. Have fun and good luck with whatever you decide on!