Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother quattro 2 >

Brother quattro 2

Brother quattro 2

Old 04-29-2012, 01:12 PM

Default Brother quattro 2

I have been looking at the brother quattro for several years. I LovE the "snowman" feature that lets you line up the embroidery perfectly. I have a pfaff 2170 and love to do embroidery. But ive been wanting to get a longer arm machine and bigger embroidery area. Does anyone who has this machine feel that it's worth the money? I sew for at least 2 hours everyday - sometimes more, so whether I'd use it enough or not is t really a question. Thanks for your help!
Old 04-29-2012, 03:18 PM

I saw it demonstrated when I took my ULT for repair..said retail price was $9995.00, but they were selling for ( think) a bit under $8000.00. I can't justify spending that much when I already have 2 ULT's...but was almost swayed when he told me it cuts it's own jump stitches. Imagine that, you never have to clip & trim again! This was the Quattro 2 --the latest.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:19 PM

Don't have the quattro but it is my dream machine, very top of the line, with all the bells and whistles you can dream about. I definitely think its worth the money
Old 04-29-2012, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
Don't have the quattro but it is my dream machine, very top of the line, with all the bells and whistles you can dream about. I definitely think its worth the money
Oh my gosh, and here I thought you were a Babylock girl! I would at least give the Babylock Ellissimo a look see. Same snowman feature which is cool for sure. Plus way to many more to mention. I just attended this weekend an embroidery event featuring the Ellissimo, the price was way under seven thousand and was loaded with extras. Either way.....your gonna be happy!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:12 PM

I agree, look at the Ellisimo. I purchased mine in October and LOVE it.

Oh, and this is my 200th post.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by gotta-sew View Post
Oh my gosh, and here I thought you were a Babylock girl! I would at least give the Babylock Ellissimo a look see. Same snowman feature which is cool for sure. Plus way to many more to mention. I just attended this weekend an embroidery event featuring the Ellissimo, the price was way under seven thousand and was loaded with extras. Either way.....your gonna be happy!
Holy Cow. WHERE did you find the Ellissimo for "way under seven thousand"? Almost 2 years ago when I bought my big Janome I had really wanted the Ellissimo, but the dealer in FL was asking an even $10 grand!!! I'd have bought it right away for under seven.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by davis2se View Post
Holy Cow. WHERE did you find the Ellissimo for "way under seven thousand"? Almost 2 years ago when I bought my big Janome I had really wanted the Ellissimo, but the dealer in FL was asking an even $10 grand!!! I'd have bought it right away for under seven.
WOW!! 7,000, 10,000 and here I'm am paying my 4,500 for my Viking Ruby and I thought that was a lot. I can't see paying that much but who knows in the future. My Ruby cuts the jump stitches, lets me do so much right on the machine and has the large hoops and the list goes on so I've spent thousands less and have so much that I don't even know it all yet.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:19 AM

I have had the Quattro 2 for 7 months and love it!! I spend 7 to 8 hours a day now in my sewing room quilting and embroidering on this awesome machine. The only difference between this machine and the Baby Lock Ellisimo Gold is the designs that are installed on the machine. If you need info, why not join the Yahoo group for Ellisimo/Quattro owners? I learn something new every day from this helpful group.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:35 AM

If you can find the earlier model Quattro or Ellisimo, you can probably save a lot of money.

The Ellisimo Gold has the three upgrades built in and a higher resolution display. Lots of people are ho-hum about upgrade 2. I have upgrade 1 which is key in my mind. I paid $6000 for mine in April 2011 which included upgrade 1. If you were inclined to add an upgrade, you'd still be well below some of the prices quoted here.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by gotta-sew View Post

You do know that Babylock is owned by Brother right? :-)