Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
brother xl 3200 >

brother xl 3200

brother xl 3200

Old 03-16-2013, 08:35 AM

Question brother xl 3200

I have a problem I hope someone out there can help me with. I have an older model Brother sewing machine(XL3200) that I had stored in my fabric room. The reason I quit using it that at that time I didn't have a sewing room. I used my kitchen table and moved the machine back and forth from the table to my washing machine to sit. I went about a week not using it, and when I moved it and took the plastic cover off the thread spool was broke off at the base. I figured,no problem,I'll use the long thread spool that laid flat under the handle. Well, that one was broken too. Nobody had an explanation, but my loving daughters did help me find the broken pieces. I tried crazy glue and every thing else. I finally gave up and bought a new sewing machine cause I had one in layaway at the local WalMart . The old one still works cause I kept it oiled and a friend wants it to learn on if we can figure out how to replace the thread spool. We have looked online and gotten a thread spool and can't find instructions on how to put in on. Any help?
Old 03-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

I would take it to a repair shop. It shouldn't cost much to replace the spool pins. Just be sure they give you the cost before you have them do the work.

My mechanically-inclined dh replaced spool pins on a couple of old machines for me but, when I showed him a picture of the Brother one, he said that none of them were like that one. If he had the machine I'm sure he could figure it out, but I don't have any Brother machines.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:17 PM

Do you have any mechanically guy's that maybe could drill the out and put something elas on it for you. a nail, dil.rod, or may be a spool pin from other machine.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:50 PM

You could always get a spool stand to use. They do not cost a lot and work well. I use them for larger cones of thread as well as normal spools.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rufree4t View Post
You could always get a spool stand to use. They do not cost a lot and work well. I use them for larger cones of thread as well as normal spools.
That's a great idea! Superior Threads has a new thread stand that is really nice and handles all kinds of spools. Here is a link:
http://www.superiorthreads.com/shop/...thread-holder/

Check out their video clips to see its versatility. Total cost with shipping would be around $30.