Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: brought it back home with me

  1. #1
    Super Member huntannette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northern ontario
    Posts
    4,036
    had left a quilt to be quilted about two months ago and hadn`t heard anything from the guy.....went to check in on him today....an hour and a half drive away and he hadn`t started yet....just finished the same one that was on his frame when i brought mine in soooooo i took my quilt back home with me...dang....what will I do.....i have pieced 8 tops so far since January and not one is quilted...you see i`ve only handquilted and don`t want to do all of this....dang darn it....I will have to try machine quiting....still scares me...i know , i know...i must!!!

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,010
    Is there another longarm quilter in your area? You might check the Trade Journals, or Newspaper ads, or check with a quilting guild, maybe the local library knows of a quilt group you could get in touch with. If you have to do it yourself, stitching in the ditch is a safe easy method of quilting.

  3. #3
    Super Member suebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by huntannette
    had left a quilt to be quilted about two months ago and hadn`t heard anything from the guy.....went to check in on him today....an hour and a half drive away and he hadn`t started yet....just finished the same one that was on his frame when i brought mine in soooooo i took my quilt back home with me...dang....what will I do.....i have pieced 8 tops so far since January and not one is quilted...you see i`ve only handquilted and don`t want to do all of this....dang darn it....I will have to try machine quiting....still scares me...i know , i know...i must!!!
    Charismah here on the board does beautiful work. There are several here that do. Just a thought.

  4. #4
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    32,563
    Blog Entries
    15
    what a disappointment. might think of this as a great opportunity to challenge your skills. jump in and try one. good luck.

  5. #5
    Super Member huntannette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northern ontario
    Posts
    4,036
    not too many up here but i had intentions on checking....there is a new quilt shop opening up in town ...will see what that will bring
    Quote Originally Posted by eastermarie
    Is there another longarm quilter in your area? You might check the Trade Journals, or Newspaper ads, or check with a quilting guild, maybe the local library knows of a quilt group you could get in touch with. If you have to do it yourself, stitching in the ditch is a safe easy method of quilting.

  6. #6
    Super Member huntannette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northern ontario
    Posts
    4,036
    .....It`s just that it must be quite expensive to ship from here...i`m in northern ontario canada , then have them ship it back....plus cost for quilting...wish i could afford it , believe me!! lol I really must try and do some myself...wish i had a sewing machine with a bigger throat though...
    Quote Originally Posted by suebee
    Quote Originally Posted by huntannette
    had left a quilt to be quilted about two months ago and hadn`t heard anything from the guy.....went to check in on him today....an hour and a half drive away and he hadn`t started yet....just finished the same one that was on his frame when i brought mine in soooooo i took my quilt back home with me...dang....what will I do.....i have pieced 8 tops so far since January and not one is quilted...you see i`ve only handquilted and don`t want to do all of this....dang darn it....I will have to try machine quiting....still scares me...i know , i know...i must!!!
    Charismah here on the board does beautiful work. There are several here that do. Just a thought.

  7. #7
    Super Member huntannette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northern ontario
    Posts
    4,036
    I must try...i`ll finish piecing the one i`m working on now then i will give it a shot!!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    what a disappointment. might think of this as a great opportunity to challenge your skills. jump in and try one. good luck.

  8. #8
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    31,246
    Blog Entries
    194
    good luck and have fun quilting them, you can do it, I have trust in you

    maybe you could post a note on the board to see what longarm quilters are in Canada from the Quilting Board site

    Quote Originally Posted by huntannette
    I must try...i`ll finish piecing the one i`m working on now then i will give it a shot!!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    what a disappointment. might think of this as a great opportunity to challenge your skills. jump in and try one. good luck.

  9. #9
    Super Member huntannette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northern ontario
    Posts
    4,036
    ahhhh good idea!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    good luck and have fun quilting them, you can do it, I have trust in you

    maybe you could post a note on the board to see what longarm quilters are in Canada from the Quilting Board site

    Quote Originally Posted by huntannette
    I must try...i`ll finish piecing the one i`m working on now then i will give it a shot!!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    what a disappointment. might think of this as a great opportunity to challenge your skills. jump in and try one. good luck.

  10. #10
    Super Member MinnieKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    northern Minnesota
    Posts
    4,523
    Blog Entries
    3
    Maybe you should get a long-arm for yourself ... then you can quilt for other people also. Just a thought...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.