Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Brown Pigma Pen

Blog Entries
    For the Just one Star, they say to sign it with a brown pigma pen. What is that and where would I find oe?

Blog Entries
    its a permanent pen for fabric. jo ans or micheals have them

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by connie_1936
    its a permanent pen for fabric. jo ans or micheals have them
    Thank you so much.

I used brown thread and my monogram stitching. I am 2 hours drive from either of those shops and I guess, if they want to throw them away, I will never know. I did want to sign my stars.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan quilter
    I used brown thread and my monogram stitching. I am 2 hours drive from either of those shops and I guess, if they want to throw them away, I will never know. I did want to sign my stars.
    I can't imagine they would throw them away. What's the finished block size? I know they don't want us to trim, and I'm fine with that, I just want to know about how big the block ends up.

I just finished mine and all I have is a black pigma pen. Think it will be OK?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan quilter
    I can't imagine they would throw them away. What's the finished block size? I know they don't want us to trim, and I'm fine with that, I just want to know about how big the block ends up.
    Mine finished a tad over 10"

I've got my material but won't do it until next week. Thanks for the info on the brown pen. I was wondering where to get one.

Blog Entries
    Ha....found this thread by googling "brown pigma pen". I too have made some blocks for the one star project and am trying to comply with the color specified for signing the blocks. I'm having no luck in finding a brown pen and like others worry if I don't "follow" the directions they'll not use the blocks. OY........so guess I'll see if my hubby can run me over the river to michaels. I have done one for each member in my family that served in the military and will put their name and ranks on the blocks. I have 8 ready to go, except the signing.

micron pigma pens are available in most craft stores, like joannes, hobby lobby, and michaels, also some lqs carry them and paint stores/art supply stores.
    they are permenent, acid free, and will not bleed/blur when writting on fabric