Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Brown Pigma Pen

  1. #1
    Super Member PegD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,167
    Blog Entries
    4
    For the Just one Star, they say to sign it with a brown pigma pen. What is that and where would I find oe?

  2. #2
    Senior Member connie_1936's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    mesa and payson, arizona
    Posts
    806
    Blog Entries
    3
    its a permanent pen for fabric. jo ans or micheals have them

  3. #3
    Super Member PegD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,167
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by connie_1936
    its a permanent pen for fabric. jo ans or micheals have them
    Thank you so much.

  4. #4
    Super Member spartan quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    central North Dakota
    Posts
    1,289
    I used brown thread and my monogram stitching. I am 2 hours drive from either of those shops and I guess, if they want to throw them away, I will never know. I did want to sign my stars.

  5. #5
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,783
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan quilter
    I used brown thread and my monogram stitching. I am 2 hours drive from either of those shops and I guess, if they want to throw them away, I will never know. I did want to sign my stars.
    I can't imagine they would throw them away. What's the finished block size? I know they don't want us to trim, and I'm fine with that, I just want to know about how big the block ends up.

  6. #6
    Super Member DogHouseMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Grundy Co Illinois
    Posts
    5,108
    I just finished mine and all I have is a black pigma pen. Think it will be OK?

  7. #7
    Super Member PegD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,167
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan quilter
    I used brown thread and my monogram stitching. I am 2 hours drive from either of those shops and I guess, if they want to throw them away, I will never know. I did want to sign my stars.
    I can't imagine they would throw them away. What's the finished block size? I know they don't want us to trim, and I'm fine with that, I just want to know about how big the block ends up.
    Mine finished a tad over 10"

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    98
    I've got my material but won't do it until next week. Thanks for the info on the brown pen. I was wondering where to get one.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    153
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ha....found this thread by googling "brown pigma pen". I too have made some blocks for the one star project and am trying to comply with the color specified for signing the blocks. I'm having no luck in finding a brown pen and like others worry if I don't "follow" the directions they'll not use the blocks. OY........so guess I'll see if my hubby can run me over the river to michaels. I have done one for each member in my family that served in the military and will put their name and ranks on the blocks. I have 8 ready to go, except the signing.

  10. #10
    Super Member ckcowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,118
    micron pigma pens are available in most craft stores, like joannes, hobby lobby, and michaels, also some lqs carry them and paint stores/art supply stores.
    they are permenent, acid free, and will not bleed/blur when writting on fabric

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.