Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
BSR foot >

BSR foot

BSR foot

Old 04-01-2010, 07:45 AM

The manual recommends stipple FMQ to put the stitch length at 1 to 1.5. I just don't care for the look of those tiny stitches though:< So, I did my recent quilt at about 2.3 and although I like the look of the stitches better, it wasn't as easy to move the quilt about. I'm taking my new machine classes this month and one of them is on the BSR. I'm hoping I get some useful tips. I looked at my FMQ from my older machine, the Janome 9000 and honestly, I didn't see a huge difference.

I've not had success putting different colors in the top and bobbin. No matter what I do to the tension one of the colors shows on the top or bottom:< So, I have to make sure the top and bottom are exactly the same color (and of course the same weight thread). Anyone else notice this issue? I put black, 50 wt. Mettler on the top and blue 50 wt. Mettler on the bottom to match the backing of my quilt and spent a couple hours dinking with the tension with no luck. I had several hours of ripping out stitches because no matter what I did the black or blue showed through to the other side. Tips anyone??
Old 04-01-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
I should mention that I also love the BSR and did all my FMQ with it until I got a longarm recently. My dealer keeps the BSR current with the latest updates.
What do you mean when you say that your dealer keeps your BSR current with the latest updates"? Should I be taking my BSR back to the dealer periodically to have something "tweaked"? BTW, good luck w/ your long arm. I bought an HQ-16, but sold it after two years. Just wasn't for me.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:56 AM

Thanks. I'm going to check with my dealer about updates, as a few people have mentioned it to me. I don't know why the dealer doesn't make this known.
Betty1
Old 04-01-2010, 08:18 AM

Since I just got mine last month new, I should have the "current" one right? LOL. I suspect that some dealers don't make it known because it creates more work for them that they don't receive payment for: