Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bucilla Poppy Quilt Kit # 8791 Value >

Bucilla Poppy Quilt Kit # 8791 Value

Bucilla Poppy Quilt Kit # 8791 Value

Old 04-09-2012, 04:55 PM

Default Bucilla Poppy Quilt Kit # 8791 Value

Hello all,

Forgive me for jumping right on here and seeking values but I just have no idea what I am doing. I recently introduced myself to the forums and am being true to how sentimental I am in trying to help my mother with some information about a few quilts she has. She has promised me an unbelievable turquoise and white colored hawaiian pikake quilt in exchange for helping her with this as I am heart broken that she is trying to sell it. I will include a link to the Bucilla kit that it is made from here:

http://www.novascotiaquilts.com/2011...-in-stock.html

As I mentioned in my intro it was found under one of our church members relative's beds and made for her by our church's quilting group. My mom was going through some tough times and it was a heartfelt gift. I can't figure out why she wants to part with it but she said at here age you know when it is time to let certain things go. I don't know if the info on the group has any bearing on its value but if it does it is a very experienced group of elders who have been quilting together for their much of their lives, who my mom also quilted with for several years (another reason why I can't understand her wanting to let it go.) I appreciate any assistance with this and can include pics as soon as I can get her to take them.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Banned

I am not exactly sure what it is you are trying to say. Is your mom wanting you to SELL a quilt? If so, you will need to read all of the rules on this forum about selling. You can do that here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/items-s...g-t165381.html

Good luck to you and your mom! She is right, sometimes you just have to let things go!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

Yur best bet is to take it to an antique dealer or even better an antique quilt dealer- to try and value a quilt sight unseen in person is impossible - also market has a lot to do with it . What might sell for good money in one area you might not be able to give away in another area. Factor in the economy and sadly that will bring down the value. I live near an Amish community and the quilts are all done by hand , piecing and quilting - and even they are taking a hit with the economy. Good Luck in your search for an answer
Old 04-09-2012, 05:45 PM

Thank you for the responses so far. Yes, she is trying to sell the quilt. I assumed I couldn't just jump on here and put up an add as that would certainly be inappropriate, and thank you for the link to the rules. I was thinking taking it to an anitique type place would be a good route and I will research some knowledgeable places to go. New York City is close by so maybe there is some one there who could give me an idea. Thanks again!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:26 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Check out this site and have the quilt appraised by a certified quilt appraiser before you do anything else.
http://www.americanquilter.com/quilt...appraisers.php

Jan in VA
Old 04-10-2012, 03:22 PM

all CityQuilter and ask them for a referral. Cathy, the owner, is really helpful, knowledgeable and nice. Her store in on 25th street between 7th and 6th Avenues. the phone is 212 8070390