Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bucking Bronco!

My DS has not sewn for years and has lent me her sewing machine. I'd never look a gift horse in the mouth(What does that saying mean anyway *Shrug*LOL). But unless I am sewing at a snails pace or at the speed of light, anything in between the machine bounces like a bucking bronco! Anyone have any remedies?
    Thank you!
    David

Put a piece of the drawer/shelf liner(the kind you use under rugs so they don't move) under it and it won't walk away from you. I hope this helps.

I use the rubberized shelf liner under my serger and my Janome to lessen the vibrations. Other wise they try to "walk" away.

cool! thank you!
    David

Is the machine bouncing or is the tabler that you are using unstable and allowing it to bounce as you sew?

Use a mouse pad or two under the feet.

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    I always thought it was my machine that bounced ... but found it was the table. My magnifying Ott light is clamped to the table also - and when I first tried to overcast seams to make pillows, going really really fast, I thought my eyes would pop out of my head! Glad I'm a slow sewer otherwise.

I've got a small TV on my sewing room table, and a DVD player on top of the TV. The other day I had my serger out, serging the edges of the curtains I was making. The serger is normally put away; I don't use it all that often.

I was speeding along, when suddenly: WHAM!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

After I peeled myself off the ceiling, I realized the vibrations from the serger had rattled the DVD player right off the top of the TV, and it splatted on my table. Luckily it didn't get broken.

Scared the daylights out of me, though! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by davidwent
    My DS has not sewn for years and has lent me her sewing machine. I'd never look a gift horse in the mouth(What does that saying mean anyway *Shrug*LOL). But unless I am sewing at a snails pace or at the speed of light, anything in between the machine bounces like a bucking bronco! Anyone have any remedies?
    Thank you!
    David
    Ok, second question, I believe the saying came from the practice of judging the quality(age, health, etc.) by checking the condition of the horse's mouth. Therefore, if the animal was free, you don't have to figure value. Glad I still have good teeth.:)

Banned
    I too found that it was the table I was using....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast