Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Build a Kit

You probably all know this, but I just found out that at Connecting Threads you can "build a kit" around certain of their quilt patterns. They put the design up and you can play with the material choices until it looks like a quilt you want to make. I think there is a computer program that does this, but for people like me without the computer program it was fun. I have been wanting to make a black and red log cabin quilt and was able to choose the material and see how it will work out. I think I will like it.

cool thinks for the tip.

Post pics when done with log cabin. Black and red is my absolute fav color combo. I am making black, red, and white GFG now, slow going, but it is coming out really good.

I didn't know this. Will have to check it out as I seem to have the most trouble in selecting fabrics that look good together. Thanks for sharing!

I ran accross this one day and had so much fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by scrapngmom
    You probably all know this, but I just found out that at Connecting Threads you can "build a kit" around certain of their quilt patterns. They put the design up and you can play with the material choices until it looks like a quilt you want to make. I think there is a computer program that does this, but for people like me without the computer program it was fun. I have been wanting to make a black and red log cabin quilt and was able to choose the material and see how it will work out. I think I will like it.
    Here is the black and red log cabin I have been working on I am hand quilting ans am stalled right now the wedding is the 28th of this month! Still have the borders to do!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Beautiful quilt.

Awesome Donna. That is one very
    Beautiful Quilt. Hope they love it.
    What an awesome display of your work.