Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Build Your Own Quilting Frame?

Build Your Own Quilting Frame?

Is anyone familiar, or have experience in building your own machine quilting frame?

http://buildaquiltingframe.weebly.com/index.html

Not familiar with this but it looks very tempting! Let me know if you do it.
    Linda

QM
    DH designed and made one for me. It did not work with my Bernina. Unfortunately, he dimantled it before I had my Janome. (Does not work well with a standard machine, you need the deep throat of Janome or a few others.)

What QM said. I built one (from these plans) - pretty easy, actually. But it was a waste of time/space with my domestic machine. By the time I reached the end of my quilt (and it wasn't a big one) I had less than 4" of quilting space. Useless, unfortunately. If you have a decent throat on your machine, it might be a reasonable option.

Krista

Kristie Layne @ http://quiltingcowgirl.blogspot.com/ uses this frame with a Bailey and even quilts for others on it. Her husband built the frame for her. Laura