Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bummed >

Bummed

Bummed

Old 09-12-2014, 04:55 AM

A word of caution here. my sister took her Janome in one time to be fixed. She dropped it off at the QS, someone picked the machines up from there, and there were several, all Janome's. Anyway the machine she got back, was the same model as hers, but not her machine. put some kind of identifying mark on your machine and the foot pedal if you send it, or write down the number of your machine so you have it. who ever picked up the machine's that day put them in the back of a pickup truck.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by barking-rabbit View Post
My auto cutter didn't work as well after the check up.

This is what I'm afraid will happen if I take my machine in for service. YIKES!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
A word of caution here. my sister took her Janome in one time to be fixed. She dropped it off at the QS, someone picked the machines up from there, and there were several, all Janome's. Anyway the machine she got back, was the same model as hers, but not her machine. put some kind of identifying mark on your machine and the foot pedal if you send it, or write down the number of your machine so you have it. who ever picked up the machine's that day put them in the back of a pickup truck.
Wow! This is not a good thing. I am so hesitant to take my machine in for service.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:32 AM
Power Poster

yep, I took my machine in for a repair and got a different foot petal back. I made a point of showing the shop owner my name on both the bottom of my machine and foot pedal. I looked at the bottom of my machine and pedal before leaving. The shop had to give me a brand new pedal because they couldn't find the woman that had mine. Her's was all scratched up, I didn't want it.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:32 AM

my auto cutter on my babylock ellure didn't work from center needle position to the left but did work from the 4.0 and all the way to the right for the longest time then all of a sudden out of thin air it started cutting in all the needle positions go figure, now on my brother embroidery machine the empty bobbin alert is not working I'm hoping that will fix itself also I'm just waiting to see how long I can deal with it before I take it in to the mechanic/dealer
Old 09-12-2014, 05:54 AM

A word of caution here. my sister took her Janome in one time to be fixed. She dropped it off at the QS, someone picked the machines up from there, and there were several, all Janome's. Anyway the machine she got back, was the same model as hers, but not her machine.
Oh yuck!! That would bother me, for sure. I'm lucky; my dealer does the servicing in-house so nothing leaves the building.

My foot pedal has velcro stuck to it so I'd definitely notice if I got the wrong one back! I think I might put something more permanent on there though, especially since I do take my machines to classes with me.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:38 AM

I always put one of my address labels on my machine and foot pedal. Even in class, it helps identify mine.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:53 PM

Going off to mark my machines now.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:50 PM

My dealer has all of my machines' serial numbers in his computer data base. When I take a machine in for cleaning or service, he prints a service ticket which includes the serial number. I can't imagine the repair shop sending your sister's machine home with someone else. She should have a warranty with her serial number on it. If they gave her machine to someone else, they are responsible for replacing it.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:52 PM

When I went for my new machine classes, our teacher showed us how to clean our blade! I'm so glad she did, because last week my cutter wasn't cutting the bobbin thread and I was getting frustrated. I tried removing the bobbin and replacing it. However that still didn't work. So I proceeded to open up the plate, move the blade and clean it well with the little brush that came with the machine. Voila! Working great again!