Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted!

Yesterday I was sorting through some of my fabrics and putting some on the boards, organizing the fabrics for the quilts that I'm making this year or have all the components for, and my DH came in the room. I had stacks on my table and kind of all over and he said"How much fabric do you have? Did you buy this all in the last 6 Months? How much have you spent?" Well I couldn't really answer any of his questions factually. tonight he brought it up again. he says he's not harping on me b/c he knows that it's my hobby,but he doesn't want me to be too used to spending tons on fabric b/c when he's not working anymore, I'll have to cut back. he was nice enough about it, but we're talking about a man whose son works for Fossil, who got him a nice Fossil watch for Christmas, and then went to Elder Beerman and paid $100 for another Fossil watch! I guess this means I need to hide it better or search out less pricy fabric sales. He did say" I hope you're not collecting it just for the sake of collecting- that you are planning to use it. You are not gonna turn into one of those hoarders are you?" he he. Do you think I should show him that video of 100 ways to hide your stash?
    :)

lol

Plead the fifth and make something good for dinner.

Seems like it's ok to spend $$$ as long as it's thier idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    Plead the fifth and make something good for dinner.
    Boy I wish I had thought of that!

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Just tell him it makes you happy and its not a good day in your household when your not happy..

I love the comments....and would add KEEP HIM OUT OF YOUR SEWING ROOM!!!!

Blog Entries
    your right-OOPS-BUSTED! My DH doesn't say anything any more-not since I sold several of my quilts just before moving back to the U.S. last year and made $2400.00!! Unfortunately, I thought I would have that money to buy more fabric when I got back, but it was needed to pay out my DH's employees-which he didn't have funds to do!! He doesn't DARE say anything about my fabric purchases OR my stash!!!

Tell him you're stocking up for when he's not working, so that way you'll better be able to save $ by using the fabric you already had. Like the ant who stored up the food while there was lots to get through the meager time.

Or start adding up the cost of an expensive hobby of his (DH's is video games) and that usually gets mine to back off.

lol-no don't show him just use those methods to hide your fabric

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast