Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: busy material and pattern

Hi Everyone
    I'm new here, only been quilting for a while. I must admit my favorite part is just quilting and not putting the top together. However a friend past me some material and asked to make a quilt (queen size) for her son. I agreed. The material is of a jungle and the second material is of monkey's swinging from vines. Both cute materials but together they have made a very busy quilt. I mixed in some dark brown and gold and it looks good, but it's busy. Now that it's all together I had cut some borders of the jungle pattern but it's just too busy and the jungle doesn't match with the other jungle sections. Can I bind it without putting a border around the outside? Just bind it once it's quilted.
    thanks for the input
    Robin

Please post a picture. . . .

I will tonight, I'm at work right now so I don't have my camera. Very good idea, I don't know what I was thinking.

:)

Blog Entries
    Maybe measure the quilt to see if it's big enough? If not, you'll need borders to bring it up to size.It's up to you about adding borders or how many borders. Whatever works for you.

Blog Entries
    If that is what you decide, it will be fine.

if it's big enough with out the borders, go for it! you could sample some of the other fabrics if you have enough - the brown or gold - and see how that looks instead of the jungle print if the quilt isn't big enough as is...