Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Butterfly quilt patterns through the years

Butterfly quilt patterns through the years

I am interested in butterfly patterns for a program that I present once a month at the local nature center. I have found an assortment of patterns and am searching for historical patterns that were used in different time frame of American history. Any help you can give me would be great!!! Websites to search and study. Or site(s) that would let me download a historical pattern. I am not one for spending a lot of time searching without a lead. Thanks for your help in advance.

Searching for vintage butterfly quilt patterns brings up a few, here's a link
    http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patte....html?idx=7196

I am so excited. 13 minutes and I have my first pattern. Thank you thimblebug6000!!!

Darn, looks like no one else has found any. I see this quilt posted today in another thread, not sure if it's a vintage pattern or not.
    Butterflies "N" Oranges

Blog Entries
    I don't know either as I'm a beginer at this

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...quilt+patterns

I'm not sure if this site offers actual patterns but it sure does have a lot of beautiful quilts to give you ideas for a start.
    If no one ever experimented we'd all still be making 4 patches.

As an NN quilter,"Hi, Gretchen!", I'm also searching. Put "Images of butterfly quilts" in the search engine. Lots of inspiration.

Blog Entries
    If you are looking for applique- you can go to Google - type in coloring pages and butterflies- you will get images that you can do into applique- you can even specify what butterflies you are looking for
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Blog Entries
    In 1992 The House of White Birches did a book titled: Butterfly Pattern Collection: Quilt an Heirloom With Your Favorite Butterfly Patterns. It is available from www.abebooks.com or you might try to get it through an inter-library loan. I think there are about 126 patterns, applique, pieced, embroidered ....
    Cherylsea

Thanks for all the ideas for butterfly quilts. I am not crazy about applique, but the reality of the evening quilt group is that they want the details and applique works. The McCall's pattern was perfect. I plan to look into the White House book. Appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast