Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buttonholer for FW and Greist "Rotary Attachments" >

Buttonholer for FW and Greist "Rotary Attachments"

Buttonholer for FW and Greist "Rotary Attachments"

Old 05-26-2011, 06:15 AM

I was bringing in some donations to our church thrift store and decided to take a spin through to spot a treasure or two. I didn't have any luck personally, but I did spot a Buttonholer for a low shank Singer and a box of Greist "Rotary Attachments". The attachments are NOT the kind that wrap around the side like FW attachments. Wish I had taken a photo, because I'm not good at describing their design. If anyone is interested in my buying either the buttonholer or the attachments for them, PM me. The shop is only open on Wednesday mornings and it's not well traveled, so I don't think the items will be sold by next week. Side note: They also had a great old Viking 60 10 ( I think) that sewed like a dream until I pushed in the reverse button. The button would stick, and the back stitches were loose and loopy. Anyone know if a novice like me could fix this issue? I don't need this machine, just feel so bad that it's probably destined for the scrap pile unless someone gives it a little love. :cry:
Old 05-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

There is a vintage sewing machine group for Vikings, I think, on Yahoo groups. Some of those old machines are real gems.

However, if you don't really need the machine it won't necessarily languish without you; lots of people like to fix up vintage machines. I did it off and on for about 20 years, donating the machines to a non-profit that offers quilting classes. Getting a little old for that now, though. It's harder to get out regularly to shop, harder to lift the machines onto the table, harder to see to thread the needle, etc. So I'm retiring...