Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Buying Christmas Fabrics? >
  • Buying Christmas Fabrics?

• Buying Christmas Fabrics?

Old 08-26-2014, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Treasureit
    My DD just told me that there are only 17 more Saturdays until Christmas...that makes me feel like I should hurry!

My colors are still traditional and eclectic. I have a real assortment of ornaments for our tree...many from friends and family and some from the kids when little, ones I made, and old ones from my parents. I tend to go with red green but I have some things I like in other colors.
    Don't know where your daughter lives, but I see 23 more Saturdays here around Houston, Texas...
    Old 08-26-2014, 12:17 PM
    Power Poster

I have a lot I bought last year at the end of the season. Not sure what I will make. Doing Halloween now.
    Old 08-26-2014, 03:34 PM

I rarely buy Christmas fabric. When I was younger, we decorated the whole house, even bathrooms. Now I have to work myself up to even put up a tree. Kids grown and gone, may or may not be here for Christmas, which I try hard to be nice about - we have to share with their "other" family.

Generally, I'd prefer a "winter" theme, so that it can be out longer. I did just buy a Father Christmas panel so I can make a Side Lights quilt; they are quite easy, so it won't take long at all.

I'm not into fabrics with metallic at all, which knocks a lot of the Christmas fabrics out right away. I have been noticing some of the ones that are red and aqua lately - but still don't want to buy something that I'll have out for a month at the most.
    Old 08-26-2014, 10:48 PM

Some metallics do fade with washing I noticed. Some Christmas items I keep out yearround(shocking I know). And my Chrstmas throw is 2-sided the other side is Autumn/Fall.
    Still looking for an online shop that sells single Christmas fat quarters so if anyone knows?
    Old 08-27-2014, 07:17 AM

Default Christmas Fabric...well yes!

I have already bought Christmas fabric and just completed a Christmas Quilt top this week...still need to quilt it...but just loved the focal fabric...had to have it!
    Attached Thumbnails 10593088_10203331391218050_8092922387282718917_n.jpg  
    Old 08-27-2014, 11:46 AM
    Power Poster

I love Christmas fabrics, although I have quite a collection. I lean more towards the beautiful poinsettias as well as the Christmas batiks, although I try to get them on sale. I try to remember to pick up nice reds, greens, holly, ivory/gold and some silver fabrics. What I need to try to even out my Christmas stash is nice background Christmas fabrics, especially white on white or white with silver or gold on them. It's never too early to think about Christmas, especially as I make gifts for friends and family, as well as making items for a craft fair in Nov.
    Old 08-27-2014, 03:35 PM

My downfall is Christmas fabric. So when I see something I like no matter what the season I buy it! I do like the traditional colors and designs. I just don't think lime green says Christmas, but that's just me.
    Old 08-27-2014, 05:43 PM

My last one was cardinals, red grunge, green holly and gold was beautiful. The one before that was ornaments, loved that one also.I think the cardinals was tops!
    Old 08-27-2014, 05:49 PM

Robert Kaufman always has beautiful christmas fabric. I know I will use some of his!
    Old 08-27-2014, 08:59 PM

I don't really decorate for Christmas, but I love Christmas fabric--I mean...it's fabric! I tend toward traditional colors and nostalgic prints, though, I must admit, I have a piece of glittery pink flamingos with a Christmas theme--tacky, but tacky on purpose.