Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buying wool fabric in Lancaster, PA? Help! >

Buying wool fabric in Lancaster, PA? Help!

Buying wool fabric in Lancaster, PA? Help!

Old 08-27-2013, 03:28 AM

Default Buying wool fabric in Lancaster, PA? Help!

I am heading down to Lancaster county, PA, or otherwise known as the Quilting Mecca, on Thursday morning. I know, right, I cannot stay away. Here is my question, do you know where I can buy wool fabric for wool applique while I am there? The Old Country Store in Intercourse has a very limited amount of Moda wool yardage. I am looking for a bit more variety. Please help, I am addicted to wool applique, feed my need! Thank you guys!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:08 AM
Banned

Have you looked at Zooks across the street .

Also at some quilt shows and mail order...Dorr Mill STORE. THIS COMPANY SELLS ONLY WOOLS.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Holice View Post
Have you looked at Zooks across the street .

Also at some quilt shows and mail order...Dorr Mill STORE. THIS COMPANY SELLS ONLY WOOLS.
I'll take a peak at Zooks, thank you.. So far, I have been ordering on line, but I'd rather use the money paid for shipping to buy more fabric. The shipping on wool is brutal! Also, it is so much nicer to touch and see wool in person, especially the hand died wool.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:51 AM

You might also try THE QUILT & FABRIC SHACK
(formerly Lapp's Dry Goods)
3137 Old Philadelphia Pike
Bird-In-Hand, PA 17505
(717)-768-0338
100 Ft East of Plain and Fancy Farm
Web Page: http://www.thequiltandfabricshack.com

They have 'amish' garment fabrics downstairs so there might be some wool there??? This place has an entire ROOM of wonderful flannel as well. There is also I believe it's called 'Goodville Fabrics' or something to that effect in Goodville, PA (same general area). They are behind another building. Again, another place that has many fabrics in addition to quilting cotton. Also lots of trims and things. Might be some wool there.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:24 AM

try Jackie's Woolens in Fleetwood PA. she has a great selection and she is near Wooden Bridge in Kutztown and so you can do both stores in one day.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:22 PM

Hi Tashana. I saw your beautiful wool work in another post. I dye small batches of wool in the crock pot (not one used for cooking!) and also the microwave (I SHOULD probably have the crock pot comment here...but I don't). It is soooo easy. I buy the dye from Dharma, and the wool from Joannes with super coupon discount...it's like $19/yd. Turns out beautiful, and an infinite number of colors.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:39 PM

There's a fabric warehouse not too far from Obie's. I think it's called Goodville Fabric Outlet, but I haven't been there in a few years, so I could be mistaken. They have quilting fabrics, and they had a lot of flannels when I was there, but the warehouse also has other types of fabrics. I wish I could tell you more, because I suspect they would have woolens. You had to go in behind another building to get to them, but they were right off the Main St.

Does anyone know the place I'm talking about and if they might have wool?