Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can anyone help with this? >

Can anyone help with this?

Can anyone help with this?

Old 02-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Banned

I offered to make a quilt for a local woman whose sister is in stage IV cancer. It was going to be a lap sized quilt, using some breast cancer fabric that she had purchased, with space for autographs by the family.

Unfortunately, about two weeks ago, I came down with a serious case of vertigo, apparently caused by an inner ear infection. I haven't been able to drive, or work, or do much of anything other than sit on the couch. I can't even work on my quilts! :( :( :( At this point, the slightest movement makes the world feel as if it's tipping sideways and then everything starts spinning. My husband has been wonderful, helping to take care of everything for me, but I don't trust him to take over any of my quilting :)

I have high hopes that I will be healed soon, but it's been two weeks already, and my doctor says this could go on for weeks, possibly months :( Antibiotics are no good, because its viral in origin, and I really hate the meds that are supposed to help with the dizziness; all they do is knock me out.

Anyway, I feel awful, because I had promised this woman that I would make the quilt for her before she went to visit her sister this spring, but it's looking more and more likely that I will not be able to make it; I'm a pretty slow quilt maker as it is, and as each week goes by that I can't work on it, it makes it much less likely that I could get it done in time. Is there anyone here that is willing to make this for her? If so, please let me know, and I'll put you in contact with her.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:10 PM

I'm sorry you're not feeling well and unable to quilt. :( I hope you're able to find someone who is able to quilt it for you. Hopefully you'll be feeling much better soon and it won't take months.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:14 PM

Oh sweetie - if it weren't tax season I would offer to help you. I hope that someone can so your special gift to your friend can be completed. Best wishes to you too for a speedy recovery.(((hugs)))
Old 02-18-2011, 06:06 PM

I had vertigo really bad ( I could not sit up ) and they had to put the crystals back in place in my ear. Only took a couple of minuets, It sure was a great relief. Good luck on feeling better.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Banned

Wow, Earleen, I don't have it that bad -- I can at least sit up, although I will sway around quite a bit if I can't lean back against something. I hope mine doesn't get that bad!
Old 02-19-2011, 12:24 AM

I went to physical therapy and they did some exercises and it was gone I 2 weeks tops
Old 02-19-2011, 12:25 AM

1-2 weeks.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:11 AM

I have the exercises. If you PM me your private email address I'll send them to you