Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can I vent?

My mom helped me cut out a baby buggy quilt a few weeks ago and I got around to starting it this week. The blocks are rectangular, made in 1/3s. There are 3 blue and 3 pink buggies with combination blue, pink and white 9 patches in between. I went to put the buggy blocks together and no matter what I did I could not get the top third of the blocks to fit. I was at least 1/4" off on every one, too much to fudge. So obviously something was wrong. So I took it apart and measured and the blocks are 4 x 4 1/4 as they are supposed to be but I turned the pieces the wrong way and seamed the 4" side instead of the 4 1/4" side. Of course there's lace inserted into the seam with ribbon sewn down on both edges on top of that. I think I'll just recut them, what a stupid move! But at least I was consistent, I did all 6 incorrectly! LOL I think perhaps I should resew another day!

Pam
    I would re do, too! I am sure what you have will work very well for something else. Now you have to come up with something new so that you can use it.

What a good idea! I was so disgusted with myself I was going to throw them out! By the time I picked out the stitching from the ribbon and the blocks, they were beginning to fray. But, I can recut them! Thanks for the encouragement!

You are not the first person this has done this and you won't be the last. You may want to take a break from it for a day or two then dig right back in. It will be worth it.

Blog Entries
    Don't dispair, just rip and repair!

Oh my. How frustrating. I think I would redo too.

I'm so sorry; there are days like that! You did make me feel good, howerver, because I have done so many dumb things. It's nice to know someone else makes mistakes.

Re do the cutting. I do the same thing with Bento Box! Someday I will have it put together if I can just stop ripping as much.

Blog Entries
    Could you just rearrange them and make a whole new pattern?

We feel for you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast