My mom helped me cut out a baby buggy quilt a few weeks ago and I got around to starting it this week. The blocks are rectangular, made in 1/3s. There are 3 blue and 3 pink buggies with combination blue, pink and white 9 patches in between. I went to put the buggy blocks together and no matter what I did I could not get the top third of the blocks to fit. I was at least 1/4" off on every one, too much to fudge. So obviously something was wrong. So I took it apart and measured and the blocks are 4 x 4 1/4 as they are supposed to be but I turned the pieces the wrong way and seamed the 4" side instead of the 4 1/4" side. Of course there's lace inserted into the seam with ribbon sewn down on both edges on top of that. I think I'll just recut them, what a stupid move! But at least I was consistent, I did all 6 incorrectly! LOL I think perhaps I should resew another day!