Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Can Janome feet be used on a Kenmore machine?

A friend of mine just purchased a Kenmore sewing machine...Does anyone know if the Janome feet, specifically an open toe foot, can be used with the Kenmore machine...She asked Kenmore people and the Janome people and no one seemed to know....It's my understanding Janome makes the Kenmore machine, so I would think they would be interchangeable.....

Thanks for any help you can give....

Sandi

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsillysandi
    A friend of mine just purchased a Kenmore sewing machine...Does anyone know if the Janome feet, specifically an open toe foot, can be used with the Kenmore machine...She asked Kenmore people and the Janome people and no one seemed to know....It's my understanding Janome makes the Kenmore machine, so I would think they would be interchangeable.....

Thanks for any help you can give....

Sandi
    Some of the feet are interchangeable. I've found that I cannot use most of them on my OLD Kenmore, but on my newest one (about 5 yrs old), I have no problem.

Blog Entries
    Check the length of the shank on the presser foot. Janome are short shank at 1 1/4". Older Kenmores were the long shank at 1 3/4". I don't know about newer ones. Stand the two presser feet side by side and you'll see if they match.

I have a several short shank machines, one slant needle and one long shank, so I'm covered. The ELna isn't as accepting of different brand feet as the other machines are. Most short shank attachments, except for a Bernina, are universal.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I use Kenmore quilting feet on both my Elna quilter's dream 6003 and my Janome Gem silver!

Most short shank feet will fit on most short shank machines. My Janome 6500 will even work with my ancient old Singer buttonholer (1947 model). All you can do is try them and you'll soon know.

Blog Entries
    If they appear to fit, try each stitch by SLOWLY turning the wheel BY HAND.
    Watch the needle carefully. Do not let yourself be distracted.
    Do this with each different stitch you have.

Thanks everyone....Sounds like they will more than likely fit...I will pass on your info........

Sandi