Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can a Juki TL98Q be stretched? >

Can a Juki TL98Q be stretched?

Can a Juki TL98Q be stretched?

Old 06-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

Gee, I didn't know that could be done!
Old 06-19-2010, 10:46 AM

This is an awesome idea. I am sure it would cut WAY down on cost! hmmm something to think about. I love my brother but I'm sure I would love it more if it was stretched! lol
Old 06-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Power Poster

Oh I found this today! I was looking for a service manual, not a user manual for my machine.

http://carusew.com/JUKI/TL/
Old 06-21-2010, 05:24 AM

if you belong to yahoo groups its
[email protected]

those that have had it stretched seemed to like them...I wonder if it would fit on my Grace frame????
Old 06-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Google Goddess

that is cool
Old 06-25-2010, 08:18 PM

I have been reading a lot about this on the home quilting system yahoo group and it seems that it costs about 18-1900 and Rick is the one that everyone turns to to get it done. There is a waiting list that seems to be be several months long. I also seems that you can sign up on the list and if you change you mind just remove your self from "the list". I have not read one bad comment about getting either machine, a Juki or a Brother stretched. Everyone that I have read that has had it done loves it and wouldn't change it for the world.

They seem to all have anm 18 inch maching, and Rick will move the needle position button and the thread cutter button to the nose of the machine! The only down side for those that already have a frame for their machine is after the machine is stretched it no longer fits the frame.

I think I might take my mom up on the offer to help her out at her business to make a little money just so I can get my machine stretched.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:48 AM

i'm not sure i understand the concept. if you want a stretched machine (i have seen them) how do they compare in price? the tin lizzie AND several others are below $8,000 and are made to fit exactly in themselves on their custom frames.
furthermore, you can see and try them at shows, and make your own deals for shipping. i did not pay any shipping for mine. you can also deal for loads of extras, especially in a poor economy.

since they haven't been fiddled with at the head or needle, everything is as it was built to work. will the factory stand behind the machine once it's stretched? or are you protected only as long as this company exists. who gives you phone support?
Old 06-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

I love it!!! Thank you for posting the picture of one stretched :D:D:D
Old 06-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

That is a whole lot of stretching going on :shock:
Old 06-26-2010, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
I have been reading a lot about this on the home quilting system yahoo group and it seems that it costs about 18-1900 and Rick is the one that everyone turns to to get it done. There is a waiting list that seems to be be several months long. I also seems that you can sign up on the list and if you change you mind just remove your self from "the list". I have not read one bad comment about getting either machine, a Juki or a Brother stretched. Everyone that I have read that has had it done loves it and wouldn't change it for the world.

They seem to all have anm 18 inch maching, and Rick will move the needle position button and the thread cutter button to the nose of the machine! The only down side for those that already have a frame for their machine is after the machine is stretched it no longer fits the frame.

I think I might take my mom up on the offer to help her out at her business to make a little money just so I can get my machine stretched.
some frames do not need to be replaced - if your frame can take an 18 inch machine you can still use it.

the grace pinnacle is designed for an 18 inch throat machine.