Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Can Shout Color Catchers be used in front loaders?

Smoky Lake, Alberta, Canada - Coolidge, AZ

Can Shout Color Catchers be used in front loaders?

My DIL told me color catchers should not be used in front loaders. Her washer wouldn't drain so she had a tech come out to do the repair & he dug a color catcher out of the pump. He said NO NOT use them in front loaders because this happens all the time. I have a front loader at our home in AZ & used color catchers for the 5 months we were there. Now we are back in Canada & just bought a front loader for here. I think I'll contact the manufacturer & ask them. Have any of you have a problem with color catchers?

The Colour Catchers box that I have, has this printed on it ....

Front Loading Machines:When using a front loading washing machine, place the Colour Catcher sheet in a delicates or mesh bag before adding to the wash load.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I use a lingerie bag and haven't had trouble but I do NOT put them in loose.

I have a front loader and used them a couple of times, but found them in the gasket at the bottom of the door & I don't know if they were there the whole time or ended up there at the end. After that I basted them to old wash cloths and that worked fine. When I finished I tore them off and basted new ones on for the next quilt.

I've not had a problem with mine and I've had a front loader for several years. I just toss a color catcher in, don't bother putting it into a mesh bag or lingerie bag. I do always look for it when I take my clothes out to place into the dryer and I've always found it.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I have only used them a few times but never had any problems....next time i will remember to attach it to something in the load

Quote Originally Posted by sandyms View Post
    I've not had a problem with mine and I've had a front loader for several years. I just toss a color catcher in, don't bother putting it into a mesh bag or lingerie bag. I do always look for it when I take my clothes out to place into the dryer and I've always found it.
    I have been using the colour catchers for about a year or so, and I do the same as sandyms

Blog Entries
    My impression has been that the newer front loading washers don't use enough water to make the Color Catchers work efficiently. Seems like I read that on a post on this board. I don't have a front loader, so I don't have real experience.
    Sue