Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can someone explain...exactly where is that line? >

Can someone explain...exactly where is that line?

Can someone explain...exactly where is that line?

Old 12-17-2011, 10:20 PM

Default Can someone explain...exactly where is that line?

I have done really well this year using up stash fabric and finishing things. I got stockings, wall hangings, covered boxes and 3 quilts completely done for Christmas. Quick pillows and fleece only this year for charity. The only fabric I have purchased was pretty much necessary except for some vintage Christmas fabric for my vintage friends' pillowcases. I have a problem falling in love with new stock at the LQS but have prevailed maybe only because I don't have the kind of money I used to. My goal was to finish at least a couple of my harder actual in progress projects...not going to admit how many...before I start anything new. Okay, here's where I need someone to please define start for me.

I had bought a flannel panel w/bears, fish, etc (because I am a sucker for bears) a couple of years ago and have gathered some matching fabric here and there. I have not made anything for for my older son for a long time because he ruined one but am kind of feeling guilty about that. Tonight, I found that box of matching flannel and there's plenty so I won't have to buy any more . It's now in just in one box...not cut out, pattern undecided but it's calling me. His birthday is in a month but will it break my self imposed moratorium on not starting anything new or is it already started?
Old 12-17-2011, 10:50 PM

I feel it was already started and you should continue this one before you begin anything else. Or you could put this one and another one on a piece of paper in a hat and draw which one to start first. But in the end which everone you feel you want to do more than the other you better work in it first as if not its all your going to think about while you are working on the other project!!
Old 12-17-2011, 10:56 PM

My thoughts are that you have accomplished SO much this year, you have decreased your stash, you have remained frugal, now you have the desire to make another quilt as a gift to a loved one AND you own the needed fabric....so, what are you waiting for? Have fun and happy quilting!!!!
Old 12-17-2011, 10:57 PM

Already started. The thought is the beginning , go ahead and ....finish....even if not cut out yet. LOL
Old 12-17-2011, 11:56 PM

You've got a deadline so this one won't derail your goal to finish all of those WIPS. Do this quickly then you'll be fired up for the rest.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:38 AM

You can take a little detour and then get back on track finishing projects and shopping from your stash.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:06 AM

I figure if you own the material and thought about what you wanted to do with it, it's already a project. Go for it, girl!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:11 AM

Personally, I think that every quilt gets finished exactly when it is meant to. Sometimes that is a weekend, sometimes that is 19 years. Quilts are tricky things and they have their own agendas. It is best not to fight it, you have already started the project and have a short time frame to complete it so you can move back to your other projects in relatively quick order. I try to avoid moratoriums of that nature. It is essentially thumbing your nose at the Quilting Gods and they usually respond by teasing you with a brand-new, too-tempting-to-resist project!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:20 AM

When A quilt calls to you ... and this was it seems is calling for you to make it.... Answer the call! or it will keep ringing.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:24 AM

Make it! You bought this fabric with a quilt in mind and your sons birthday is a special day--you have time to get it done. This will still get your goal closer--using what you have. Get going girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!