Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Can these machines be saved?

Can these machines be saved?

I have been charged with finding new homes for a collection of vintage machines and some tables that the mission group from our church has (they have upgraded to portables). I don't know anything about makes and models, but there were a couple of the older black singers in the collection. The rest look vintage '50's or 60's. We have tried the machines out and they all have varying problems, anything from worn belts, to ??? Should I just look to haul them and their tables to the dump? Or is there a market and I should put them on Craigs list?

Can you show them here? We'd love to see them and you could get lots of good info about each machine!!
    jillnjo

belts are easy to replace, don't give up yet!! And forget about the dump!! If you can't sell them there is always Freecycle. Someone will want them I bet.

Will try to get photos later today. That would really be helpful as I have no idea what they are worth. I know tables are usually hard to come by and was thinking of just putting $25 on each table (machine included) to try to get some money for the missions group.

Oh no not the DUMP!! PLEASE. Take some photos and list them here on the For Sale section of the Quilting Board. Next best would be to list them on Craigs List. There are a lot of us Vintage Machine collectors that would likely buy them.
    Sweet Caroline

Shipping the machines could be cost-prohibitive and very difficult for someone not used to packing them for secure shipping.

Listing them on craigslist and freecycle will be your best bet. Some of them may be worth very little, but in a collection of vintage Singers, you may have some that are worth quite a bit more than $25.

please no dump for them.they are easy to work on.Some of them may be valuable-but even if they are not some one would love to have a vintage machine
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Oh no not the DUMP!! PLEASE. Take some photos and list them here on the For Sale section of the Quilting Board. Next best would be to list them on Craigs List. There are a lot of us Vintage Machine collectors that would likely buy them.
    If you could post pictures we might be able to help you identify them. I'm sure you could find good homes for them, even if you have to donate them to a local charity. I find most of my machines at the local Hospice Resale or Habitat Restore.

Pat

Please no dump!

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    call the local women's shelter...they are often happy to receive tools/craft items for the residents to use.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast