Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can you give suggestions on fullness in block? >

Can you give suggestions on fullness in block?

Can you give suggestions on fullness in block?

Old 11-09-2012, 10:58 AM

What adarling quilt! Show the whole thing!

And that fullness will be just fine.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:35 AM

Well - you have all definetly given me hope to keep going. I guess maybe I should start my journal because I need to remember alot on my next quilt. Most of you probably know about QuiltUniversity.com - found it somehow on internet - but great site to have on hand = http://www.quiltuniversity.com/metric_conversions.htm This page has measurements converted and explains it if you want to go that deep. In the frequently asked questions I found info. on how to make more time in your day so you can quilt!!!! I'm sure its on this site too and what a resource this has been. Thank you so much for your help and inspiration. I'll get a pic of whole thing so far - I have a long way to go. Also, I now know why squaring up everything is important - starch, pressing, 1/4" seams, prewashing fabric, and now sewing corners. OMG!!!! I think I may be stupid!!! I am having a hard time sewing four pieces together and having the meeting corner and seams look good. I'll post my question next comment. Have to go get camera to ask it with pictures.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:39 AM

I like your quilt and can't wait to see if finished. Thanks to those of you who gave tips about the fullness. I applique too, but I have not be using any stablizers or starch. I will try your ideas.