Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can you give suggestions on fullness in block?

What adarling quilt! Show the whole thing!

And that fullness will be just fine.

Well - you have all definetly given me hope to keep going. I guess maybe I should start my journal because I need to remember alot on my next quilt. Most of you probably know about QuiltUniversity.com - found it somehow on internet - but great site to have on hand = http://www.quiltuniversity.com/metric_conversions.htm This page has measurements converted and explains it if you want to go that deep. In the frequently asked questions I found info. on how to make more time in your day so you can quilt!!!! I'm sure its on this site too and what a resource this has been. Thank you so much for your help and inspiration. I'll get a pic of whole thing so far - I have a long way to go. Also, I now know why squaring up everything is important - starch, pressing, 1/4" seams, prewashing fabric, and now sewing corners. OMG!!!! I think I may be stupid!!! I am having a hard time sewing four pieces together and having the meeting corner and seams look good. I'll post my question next comment. Have to go get camera to ask it with pictures.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I like your quilt and can't wait to see if finished. Thanks to those of you who gave tips about the fullness. I applique too, but I have not be using any stablizers or starch. I will try your ideas.
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2