Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you help me find this pattern?

I received the pattern and it is constructed keeping the large rectangle as one piece and essentially "sashing" it with half of the pinwheel blocks. There is absolutely no directions at all as to how to keep your pinwheels all the same fabric so I can only think that the entire quilt would have to be put on a design wall before any pieces are sewn together.

Well at least you have satisfied your curiosity lol. If I were to make tho, I would do it the way I broke it up, much easier.

Rosyhf, even though I ordered the pattern, I think I'll be following your suggestion.

It's a rail fence pattern.
    The large rectangle is the center rail and is a solid single piece of fabric. The 2 outer rails are pieced--a smaller rectangle with a half square triangle square sewn to either end. The three rails would then be sewn together. The blocks would be set horizontal-vertical-horizontal etc. The outer blocks would require partial blocks to finish them, to make the pinwheels whole.

You ladies are such a wonder when it comes to helping someone.

Blog Entries
    The fabrics in this quilt are happy colors. I really like it. I don't know the pattern but any pattern with these colors will be good.
    Quilter 68 who is now 69/and now 70

Quote Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo View Post
    looks to me like if your pinwheel is say a 5" finished block, then you would need a 2 piece strip block that finished at 5" next to it and also below the pinwheel, and a 5" block next to that strip block. This makes the section a 4 block section.
    Clear as mud right?? Maybe someone with a visual can help you. I can't draw it on my computer but I can see it in my minds eye.
    That's only the outer border, which is partial blocks. Main blocks look to be 4"x8" rectangle bordered on two sides with 2"HST, 4" strip of white, 2"HST, making an 8x8 block. Blocks twist and turn across quilt.
    Last edited by catmcclure; 05-07-2013 at 05:47 AM.

I don't think this would be difficult to piece. Looks like 5" charm squares sewed into the pinwheels and then cutting 2 charms into 2.5 x 5 inches and then a piece that fits in, maybe 9 inches ? Hope you find the pattern.

How about breaking it up as 3 vertical rows? Then you could keep the center one continuous piece. I think either way it would work and look good. Will look forward to seeing your finished quilt.
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

Quote Originally Posted by MartiMorga View Post
    How about breaking it up as 3 vertical rows? Then you could keep the center one continuous piece. I think either way it would work and look good. Will look forward to seeing your finished quilt.
    Actually that makes more sense. Pretty pattern!
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast