Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you name just one?

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I have only made the same pattern twice and that is because I bought 2 identical quilt kits for gifts. I like to try something different each time I make a quilt. I think that if I was to make the same pattern again it would be a snowball quilt. I like to do baby quilts and think the snowball block is perfect for baby quilts.
    I always use a modified snowball block for baby quilts; only two of the corners are snowballed, the other two corners are just the square itself. There are a lot less seams to match with that design. I use flannel for the piecing, satin binding, and a cuddly fabric on the back. The parents are always so appreciative of receiving these blankets.
    I made two Cuddle 4 patch Quilts out of blue and white fabric. The first one was for my son and when my friend went back to India I said I wanted to make her a quilt, what would she like? She wanted the same one I made for my son, so that is what she got of course!
    Other than that, they are all different. Oops! I'm piecing two Dear Jane's now (another duplicate). I've done 9-patch, drunkards path, broken dishes, pineapple, cathedral windows, applique sampler, BurgoyneSurround, and a couple I can't remember the block names. I am easily bored and always like to learn new things. I have some designed in EQ7 that I want to make. I saw a braid quilt today that would be perfect for my brother.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    First: Log Cabin, because it is hands down the most versatile block ever.
    Second: 8-pointed stars.
    Third, anything I can "snowball".

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

I have made more One Block Wonders than any other pattern. Each quilt has been made with different fabric prints and some quilts have more than one fabric. I always love seeing the different designs that emerge when the triangles come together to form hexagons. Two people could use the exact same fabric and still come up with totally different quilts.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I seem to make a lot of 8 pointed stars also. The ones that use 4 flying geese. I'm always making quilts that have those stars in them. And I do not make a very good flying goose, but the stars turn out pretty well. Go figure!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Blog Entries
    I had not made the same pattern twice - until I met the Florentine Fantasy. It sucked me in with its tractor beam and now I'm HOOKED. I have 7 (yes, SEVEN) in various stages. They are so much fun to make, and very quick to put together. This one is done:

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  1.78 MB

I've never used a pattern more than once, but I love bargello's. I have made two different ones and I know there are more in my future.
    "Every positive thought is a step in the right direction.

Oh, for me it is the log cabin...I cannot even think how many I have done...

Log Cabin for me too. So versatile yet so different and I love piecing the blocks!!

I don't like repeats too much...I have a long list of want to do's so I don't have time to do more than one each...I have been on an applique kick...and I did one pattern (my avatar) again in a different color.

I found a pattern called 'Technocolor Braid'. The templates used are 1/2 of a hexigon. Looks a lot like the French Braid with out the joining squares down the center of the braids. I find I have less waste. Love the scrap quilts. I have 5 shoe boxes cut right now of the pieces; 1 box for each size template 3", 4", 5", 6" and 10". The sewing goes fst and no two are ever the same.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast