Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you name just one?

I don't make the same pattern more than once. I think I have made a couple of log cabins though. I have too many on my bucket list, so I can only make each one once. I also have about a dozen UFO's.
    Sue

I have a hard time making the same pattern over and over...guess I like the variety of different patterns. If I am going to use the same pattern, it has to be in different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
    I was just sitting here wondering if anyone has a favorite pattern that they like to use over and over. For me it was the drunkard path. There are so many variations of it and all look different using the same block. I have 2 different ones going now. I also love a variety of patterns and like to try something new all of the time. Hence, I have so many UFO's and projects going. What about you? Do you have one special pattern that you like to make? Or do you think variety is the spice of life?

I've not done anything in the drunkard's path block. It has so many variations to try. And I guess once you get the pieceing down pat, it's a fairly quick quilt in a bigger block.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie View Post
    I don't make the same pattern more than once. I think I have made a couple of log cabins though. I have too many on my bucket list, so I can only make each one once. I also have about a dozen UFO's.
    Sue
    I've done Annie's Choice more than once. There are so many color choices that the pattern seems different.
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    First: Log Cabin, because it is hands down the most versatile block ever.
    Second: 8-pointed stars.
    Third, anything I can "snowball".

Jan in VA

I wanted to make some quick mug rugs and the snowball was the fastest I could think of.
    U N T I E

And the Turning Twenty-----------------when the colors change, the quilt changes.
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
    I was just sitting here wondering if anyone has a favorite pattern that they like to use over and over. .....snip.....
    Log Cabin, I keep doing them over and over. You'd think I'd actually get good at it but you'd be wrong That's why I keep trying.

Blog Entries
    I'm making a single Irish Chain baby quilt (this is only my 6th quilt) and it's been a lot of fun. I will be using this pattern again for a wedding gift next year.

I love a challenge so no don't have a favorite and haven't done a pattern twice too many to try

although i seldom (never) make the same quilt twice---i do have a couple all time favorite blocks that i like to incorporate into my quilts when they fit in---pieced i love making Jacob's Ladder blocks-
    paper/foundation pieced I love making the Ohio star block from Carol Doaks (50 fabulous paper pieced stars) book.
    those 2 blocks make it into lots of my quilts-
    i hate making flying geese...but seem to make alot of them.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast