Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Can you offer some suggestions?

With all my heart I would love to make a quilt for my dearest friends birthday which is in July. She will be 29 this year and I, frankly am old enough to be her mother.
    She is a beautiful woman, very bright and diverse. She's a mommy and a wife. She hunts, fishes and water skis. She's very feminine. A cook, a seamstress and a million more things.
    Most of all she is a fierce and faithful friend.
    I would like the quilt to be feminine maybe even a tiny bit fru-fru but not too much so. I am thinking pinks, browns, purples, yellows .... no applique though - I haven't mastered that. I do love paper piecing but that's not a necessity.
    Does anyone have some pattern and/or fabric suggestions they would like to throw my way? I value the opinions of this talented collection of quilters.

Thanks,
    Lori

What about the friendship star pattern? It is made with squares and HST's. I really love the shabby chic prints for someone who is very feminine. But I also think the colors you mentioned are wonderful as well especially pinks and browns together. That sounds wonderful. Hope you find what you are looking for. Making her a quilt for her birthday is such a precious gift and so thoughtful of you.

Quote Originally Posted by oma66
    What about the friendship star pattern? It is made with squares and HST's. I really love the shabby chic prints for someone who is very feminine. But I also think the colors you mentioned are wonderful as well especially pinks and browns together. That sounds wonderful. Hope you find what you are looking for. Making her a quilt for her birthday is such a precious gift and so thoughtful of you.
    Oh! I saw this Friendship Star Varation done in black and white with a yellow star......It looked good.......
    Best of luck with a pattern

Blog Entries
    I think that you have a wonderful superwoman of a friend and anything you make her will be cherished. Sounds like she has a pretty awesome friend too!

Blog Entries
    How about an Hankie quilt, this is very feminine.

Cookie

Blog Entries

the last 2 sites have some very femine looking combinations. How about the 2nd sites' love letters and call it letters to my friend.