Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: CAN YOU SUGGEST A QUILTING DESIGN?

community benefactor BECOOLWRAPS's Avatar
    Hi - I am going to try to FMQ for the first time. I have been practicing on quilt sandwiches, and would like to try to quilt my Carpenter's Wheel quilt. It has a very large star in the middle of it. Can anyone suggest a really "beginner's" FMQ design for the star?
    Many thanks!

Blog Entries
    Since you are a 'beginner' in FMQ, I would stay with simple meandering. IMHO to try a 'design' is harder than meandering. Simple can be striking. :lol:

Stars are quite easy to do. Just draw one for yourself and get the size you want. Then trace it a few times to get the flow of it and it will help you flow with it on the fabric. I just use the star pattern that is a continuous line.

Quote Originally Posted by maine ladybug
    Stars are quite easy to do. Just draw one for yourself and get the size you want. Then trace it a few times to get the flow of it and it will help you flow with it on the fabric. I just use the star pattern that is a continuous line.
    I agree this is how I would do it.

community benefactor BECOOLWRAPS's Avatar
    Thanks for the suggestions. I decided not to push the envelope, and go for the meandering for this quilt. I just finished quilting the top, and I must say, it isn't TOO bac, although definitely not perfect. I will some day make another one for our home, but for now, this one is much better than I thought it would turn out. Thanks again for the help!
    Terry