Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can you tell me anything about the QuiltCut2 >

Can you tell me anything about the QuiltCut2

Can you tell me anything about the QuiltCut2

Old 04-16-2010, 03:34 PM

There is a demo video to the link I provided. This looks really cool but I know how sometimes looks can be deceiving.

http://www.quiltcut.com/online_demo_flash.html

Does anyone here own one or has anyone seen this thing in action in person?
Old 04-16-2010, 05:18 PM

I have one. Not sure if it's the version 1 or 2. It looks just like the video. I bought it to quickly cut up scraps and fat quarter material but haven't really used it much. It is heavy so moving it back & forth between it's storage spot and the cutting table is a chore. I still think it's useful, I just haven't taken the time to really "learn" it. I do know that it's got the most common angles built into it so no fussing with lines on a ruler if/when I get around to cutting up my scraps & fat quarters into hexes, triangles, kites, diamonds, etc.

If you cut a lot of these angled shapes out of smaller pieces of fabric, I think it is a great tool. I'm usually trying to get something done in a hurry using squares and long borders so a regular rotary ruler is all I need for that. One of these days I'll get to really play with all my toys--LOL!

Beverly
Old 04-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Power Poster

I think a lot of people now are purchasing the Accuquilt Go! instead of the QuiltCut system.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99
I think a lot of people now are purchasing the Accuquilt Go! instead of the QuiltCut system.
I think so too.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:44 AM

I have one of these and I love it...yes, it is a bit heavy. I love the fact that the fabric is held down securely..and that the cutting edge moves for cutting angles.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:55 AM

My DH bought me one at the Des Moines AQS show last Oct.
Because I have arthritis in my hands & have had surgery on a thumb my hands are weak & I couldn't always hold the ruler steady I need help. This thing is a life saver! I can now quickly cut full width fabric, angles etc. w/ease. It is really heavy but I have a table just for cutting so I never have to move it. My friend has a GO but I feel it wastes much more fabric than my system. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:03 AM

Sorry, can't help you.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:45 AM

I purchased one and didn't like it at all too heavy I regret spending the money on it. I have recently purchased the accuquilt go and love it.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

I bought one in Paducah a few years ago. I use it to hold my fabric when making cuts but I don't use the guide, I use my ruler. The guide did not give me accurate cuts. It is impossible for me to get the tip of the guide blade in the same spot each time so my cuts were off. It is very heavy so you need a dedicated spot for it. And I still got the dreaded V in my long strips. After having one I think it's over priced.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:53 PM

I have one that I use quite often. I haven't had the opportunity to use it on angles yet but it helps me waste so much less fabric. I especially like that it holds the remaining fabric in place! I was able to purchase the bag for it as well so I have somewhere to store it when not in use. I did think it a bit overpriced as well but I suppose if we want to pay it, they will charge it! It really was helpful cutting out my 1 1/2" squares for the swap! :)