Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Canadian on-line shops >

Canadian on-line shops

Canadian on-line shops

Old 06-25-2014, 07:53 AM

Default Canadian on-line shops

Anyone know of a Canadian on-line LQS. Just was looking at the For Sale site here. Made realize I need a couple Xmas fabrics ie. jelly rolls. Do any Canadians sell on this site. Can't ask anyone to ship to Canada as it's just too costly.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:27 AM

I believe there is a shop in B.C. called Hamels fabric that I seen online. have never ordered from them though.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:55 PM

I order from usa all the time being in Canada I only order from shops that charge actual shipping.
Here are 2 I deal with.
The Quit place and Happy Apple both in Florida.
ae
Old 06-25-2014, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by fatquarters View Post
I believe there is a shop in B.C. called Hamels fabric that I seen online. have never ordered from them though.
I have dealt with Hamels and found them to be excellent. There is also one in Toronto called "Sew Sisters" and they are supposed to be great too, but I have not dealt with them personally. My local bricks and mortar store is so good, combined with Len's Mill Store, I don't usually need to go elsewhere (except Connecting Threads).
Was there something specific you were seeking?
Old 06-25-2014, 01:04 PM
amh

These are the ones I know about, though I'm sure there are more, and am interested in web sites that others can provide.

Stitch in the Ditch: http://www.stitchintheditch.com/
I have ordered from them and things were delivered promptly.

Flare Fabrices: http://www.flarefabrics.ca/
I personally really like their fabrics, but haven't yet placed an order.

I'll watch for more sites in Canada that I can check out.

Aileen
Old 06-25-2014, 01:14 PM

Veronicas Sewing Supplies in Kindersley, Sask does mail outs. This is the website http://www.veronicasewingsupplies.com/index.php if you can't find what you want on their website you could give them a phone call.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:50 PM

Sew-sisters.ca is very good. I have used their on line store and have visited their brick and mortar store in Toronto. There are a couple of good stores in the US that do not charge an arm and a leg to ship here. Connecting Threads and Fabric.com come to mind. Depending on the amount that you want (and the kind of sale price you might get) I have found that a large order is often better than a couple of small ones.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:50 PM

Gemrm,
Will check this one out. Just wanting to look at Xmas fabric. Thought it might be on-line.
Fatquarters,
Will check them out.
grma33,
Thank you.
Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
I have dealt with Hamels and found them to be excellent. There is also one in Toronto called "Sew Sisters" and they are supposed to be great too, but I have not dealt with them personally. My local bricks and mortar store is so good, combined with Len's Mill Store, I don't usually need to go elsewhere (except Connecting Threads).
Was there something specific you were seeking?
Old 06-25-2014, 05:21 PM

Canada isn't too bad to ship to, but Europe is! I feel badly for buyers that have to pay such high shipping...even the US is getting to be too much.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:20 PM

Hamels always has a 20% off yardage prices on the first Friday-Sunday of the month, it's always just yardage never notions or pre-cuts. If you sign up for their emails you'll get a reminder.

Otherwise I buy from the US, http://www.fatquartershop.com/ and every so often they have a shipping reduced promotion and www.connectingthreads.com has great prices and the shipping & exchange cost is reasonable. I also buy from www.whittlesfabrics.com but I live fairly close to a border town and I have it sent to a package receiving store and go across to pick it up but their prices are so great that even with the added cost of shipping to Canada it's less than a LQS. I'm buying a little less from the US now that our dollar has dropped but I sew mostly with civil war fabrics and there isn't much selection in Canada.