Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian theme..

Blog Entries
    I'm looking for a wall hanging pattern with a Canadian theme. I have an Americana one, but being a Canuck, I would really like to find a kit or a pattern depicting "my home and native land".

Can't find much on Google. Can anybody help?

MTS
    Banned
    I hate to be cliche, but I've seen amazing, AMAZING Maple Leaf quilts. It's a very easy block, but can be outstanding with great fabrics (and not necessarily red and white - I mean, really, anyone that knows you is going to get the connection, so you don't have to hit them over the head with it. ;) ;) )

here's a simple rendition, but I know there are more involved ones out there:
    http://blocksnswaps.blogspot.com/200...af-blocks.html

And here's some more eye candy :
    http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...w=1280&bih=610

Now that I think about it, Judy Martin had a GORGEOUS Maple Leaf quilt in her book "Creative Pattern Book." Fabulous book - worth every penny.

What about log cabins with maple leaf blocks? If you design it yourself, it will become Canadian because you are.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I do know about maple leaf blocks, but I want something like the "Americana" hanging shown below and given to me by my DC.

She says she can't find a Canadian one similar, either. And she lives up there! So, just thought I'd ask.

Americana
    Name:  Attachment-130289.gif
Views: 71
Size:  172.1 KB

There is one very similar in a pattern book called "Proud to be Canadian" by Ruffled Elegance. There's a picture of it here... http://lovattquilting.blogspot.com/2...ease-vote.html I couldn't find the actual pattern, but at least you know it's out there! :lol:

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Ghost. Getting closer! Forgot about the Mounties. Would do a flag.

Just had to mention, I grew up in NY, so as a kid we went to Canada a lot. I always loved those trips! Last fall I got to visit the Canadian Rockies. I think it must be the most beautiful place on earth! So along with your mountie, throw a couple mountain peaks in there too!

Blog Entries
    Yes, they are beautiful, Debbie! I worked there in Banff many, many years ago. And I remember a lady from NY who said about the Rockies "Is that all they are? I thought they were tall!" I tried to tell her we were not standing at sea level but that just did not take! LOL

Good idea!

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    There is one very similar in a pattern book called "Proud to be Canadian" by Ruffled Elegance. There's a picture of it here... http://lovattquilting.blogspot.com/2...ease-vote.html I couldn't find the actual pattern, but at least you know it's out there! :lol:
    Very cool. And it looks easy enough to recreate.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast