Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Candy shop

Blog Entries
    When I go to a quilt shop ;it is like putting me in a very good candy shop. Let me at them . I want every thing. How do you feel?

The same! I could spend hours in the store just looking at all the fabric and dreaming up projects!

I walk around more than once and have picked up put back pick up again and put back again just to end up buying the fabric. :lol:

I walk around and think to myself gee, I could use that for this project...Ooohh, look at that one! It's so much like being in a candy store!

Blog Entries
    I feel the same way! I love to touch the fabric and dream. It energizes me so much to go to the quilting store that I always come home and accomplish something.

I have now planned my 2009 vacation around a quilt shop hop! My husband agreed to the idea so we will be saving our money for our next June vacation.

I think fabric addiction has crept into my life! :lol: :lol:

Yes, I just can't help myself. I could go on for hours. Another thing I can't pass up is Quilt books or magazines. Looking at the fabric combinations in the quilts just excites me.

I find quilts stores on vacations and always have to buy something. It is interesting that no matter how many quilt stores you go to you find different fabric - there is so much out there. Wish I had taken up quilting 50 years ago!!

Oh definitely, except in the candy shop, I may be more sensible and think about weight gain, health issues, etc. But look out when I go to the quilt shop! Someone has to hold on to me or I'm just liable to ask for yards of everything and put it on plastic and worry about the bill tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have this one local quilt shop that just calls to me (or so I tell DH!) They have over 100 quilts on display around the store - I just walk around gazing forever when I go in there. They have a computerized Gammill off in a room, just peacefully stitching away awesome patterns all by itself - it is mesmerizing to watch :D I could easily spend a couple of hours in there, and that's before I get to all the fabric!

Banned
    I hear ya. I gotta look and feel. And think of a million things I could do with it.. Nice thing about Quilting compared to candy is I don't get fat sewing. LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast