Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Can't seem to...

Can't seem to...

find any motivation today... I have my son's dinosaur quilt 3/4 of the way quilted that I need to finish, just bought fabric to make a quilt for my grandma for Christmas, fabric pressed for 2 Christmas table runners, and the fabric for my 2 girls' tumbler quilts... I don't want to do any of it. I just want to sit around and be lazy, lol. I could really use some motivation. I know if I don't do any quilting today I will be kicking myself later...

Blog Entries
    Maybe your body is telling you it just wants to relax. Use the time to do just that and don't feel guilty. I guarantee your body will tell you this more often when you get old.

Blog Entries
    Happens to all of us, go eat some chocolate and have a cup of coffee or something. Sometimes, I just sit at my sewing table, sort some scraps, or just fondle fabric, and I can get going!

Blog Entries
    If I try to sew or quilt when I'm not motivated or I'm tired, I find that I usually end up making mistakes which frustrates me even more and requires more of my time to go back and fix them. Sooooo, take that break, rejuvenate yourself and come back to it with a fresh and rested mind.
    Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

Power Poster
    Tidy your sewing room, clean/oil your machine, put in a new needle and fill your bobbins. This always gets me in the mood to sew.