Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Can't use my mom's Morse :(

Can't use my mom's Morse :(

I finally got my mom's machine here in SC and I plugged it in and was getting it ready and the footpedal shocked me! I'm so upset. I guess i have to have it rewired. I'm so bummed. I didn't think it would need rewiring since it's from 1970 something o well.

are you able to find another foot peddle faster then you would rewiring it. Sorry this happened, I hate when I want to start something and can't cause it broke.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkberrykay View Post
    are you able to find another foot peddle faster then you would rewiring it. Sorry this happened, I hate when I want to start something and can't cause it broke.
    I'm afraid to use it without rewiring it since it shocked me and the whole thing is metal.

It may be a simple loose connection. I would just open the foot pedal and see where there may be a wire touching the case. It is a simple fix that anyone that quilts can do. And you will be back in business in minutes. Of course make sure you have unplugged the machine since there is a short somewhere. Don't want anything to get damaged.

I hope that helps.
    Lisa

Sounds like it needs rewired. Sounds like it is shorting out somewhere. Good luck, sorry you can't use it yet, they can really sew.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
    Sounds like it needs rewired. Sounds like it is shorting out somewhere. Good luck, sorry you can't use it yet, they can really sew.
    i know i'm so bummed! DH said when we get more $ i can take it in to get it rewired. So at least I will be able to use it eventually. Im just so sad cuz when i set it up it brought back so many memories. I have 2 kids though ages 4 and 7 and I don't want them to get a shock by the wires so It's in the garage