Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Card trick question

I was looking at the BOM for card trick and it's the way I've mostly always seen and done which is 4 triangles for each color. See link below if you don't know what a card trick is.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-2745-1.htm

In Anita Grossman Solomon's book that I have, she does a cardtrick using 3 squares for each color. Makes a lot of sense to me since squares are easier to work with and for me turn out much more exact.

My question - if it's done with squares, is that still a card trick? Or does it become a faux card trick?

I see why they are done in the triangles, it would depend on which way you were putting them together to see which would work better for you, I am not sure if it would be a faux or not, though does it matter if it looks the same when you are done? I will check my patterns tomorrow to see which way they do it,

I think it woud still be a card trick, no matter how you put it together.

Blog Entries
    As long as you get the same pattern, it does not matter :wink: When I made these I revised the pattern, too :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    In Anita Grossman Solomon's book that I have, she does a cardtrick using 3 squares for each color. Makes a lot of sense to me since squares are easier to work with and for me turn out much more exact.

My question - if it's done with squares, is that still a card trick? Or does it become a faux card trick?
    Since the author calls it a Faux Card Trick and not a Card Trick, I certainly would too. A best, it's a Card Trick Variation. The seaming is integral to the block name. It DOES matter.

There is an Eleanor Burns book called "Winning Hand" it is done with squares. It looks the same as card trick, I think the difference in the name is because of copyright on the name Card Trick.