Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Careful at the start, sloppy near the end

I've noticed that when I start a quilting project, I'm very fussy and precise at first, determined to strive for quality of workmanship. But as time goes on (and I get bored? tired of the same project?) my work gets sloppier and sloppier...so that when I get to the actual quilting phase, I'm just in a hurry to get it done, and so I don't put the effort that the quilt deserves.

Does anyone else find that?

I'm much better at smaller projects...

Blog Entries
    Maybe work on several projects at a time, so you don't get bored with just one? :D:D:D

Love your avitar. I have that problem and usually take long breaks and do other projects.

That is the reason I keep several projects at different stages.

I find I do the same thing with larger projects so I try to take a break and start something new in between.

Well, I sure do have several projects going at one time LOL.

I posted last night because I'm nearing the end of a queen-size quilt that I started last February ... and I'm definitely in the Really Want To Get This Finished mode. It's a 2010 BOM (LQS project). I realized that one of my white-on-white background strips was on upside down -- although it was an easy fix I ALMOST just left it. Hence the feeling that sloppy is more okay near the end.

I think when I started the BOM I figured that I should be able to make one block per month perfectly, maybe create something worthy of a quilt show. Hmmmmmm. Not going to happen with this quilt (although it's pretty, each block consists of many many pieces, so despite my efforts the blocks didn't come out the same size, the outer points got cut off, etc etc etc).

I definitely do better with (physically) smaller projects.

I think thats why I like to do samplers. All the blocks are different and you don't get so bored with doing them.