Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: carseat quilts

carseat quilts

those of you who make quikts for infant carseats what size do you make them? i am wanting to make one for my sil and not sure what size to make it. and have u ever made it to attach to the car seat? i was thonking it should be around fq size. what do you guys do?
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

Hi,
    I don't think you are supposed to attach it to a carseat. Maybe just any size small quilt that will drape over the child and lay loose. I used smaller 40x40 quilts and up. It crossed my mind you might be thinking of a stroller quilt. Here is a link to one that can be tied for a stroller.
    http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot....ler-quilt.html
    Anna Quilts

i have used 40x40 size for years with mine but always had a large bulk of folded blanket.was wanting to make a smaller quilt to fit the car seat better. and the attaching would be at the bottom for in the car to keep the child from pulling up to the nose-.
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

I found directions for a car seat/baby carrier/stroller quilt on this site last spring. The quilt was 25" X 30". The tie were attached about 10" down from the top. If the recipient doesn't want to attach the quilt to a car seat, etc, the can clip them off and use the quilt however they wish. They are my favorite new baby gift.

Here's a pattern from Moda bake shop for one.

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2012/02/...eat-quilt.html