Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cat Panel

Hello all, I would welcome some advice please as I am very unsure of myself - skills, ideas etc.
    I have bought a panel of cats, fronts and backs. It measures 25"x44", now I am not sure what to do with apart from making a draught excluder that is fat at the bottom and thin at the top! We have several little girls in the family, from 6months to 60+yrs! and I had thought of starting on the Christmas presents!
    I do hope you have some more ideas.
    Thanks in anticipation,
    PennyfromEastYorkshire

Cat panel
    Name:  Attachment-75410.jpe
Views: 23
Size:  50.3 KB

What about cutting them each out and putting on t-shirts. Or putting them on a tote bags.
    Quote Originally Posted by PenelopeG
    Hello all, I would welcome some advice please as I am very unsure of myself - skills, ideas etc.
    I have bought a panel of cats, fronts and backs. It measures 25"x44", now I am not sure what to do with apart from making a draught excluder that is fat at the bottom and thin at the top! We have several little girls in the family, from 6months to 60+yrs! and I had thought of starting on the Christmas presents!
    I do hope you have some more ideas.
    Thanks in anticipation,
    PennyfromEastYorkshire

Aw, no ideas, but they are sure cute!
    Sweetpeas idea is a good one!

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    You could cut them out, applique them to a background fabric and make pillows, too.

It might be cute to cut the panel in two, across the middle so that you have a row of all cats facing front, and another row of all cats facing backward. Then use the front-facing cats as the middle of the quilt, with your choice of blocks and borders around it. Put the back facing cats in the quilt backing on the opposite side of the front facing cats. Then your quilt will have a definite front side and back side!

I adore Sweetpea's idea of cutting them out and appliqueing to T's, totes or even sweatshirts. You can pick up plain shirts just about anywhere to embellish with this cute panel. Imagine how cute the shirt would look with the front of the kittens on the front and the backs on the back. Any little cat lover would love it for a Christmas Pressie!

I agree with applique. But I don't think needleturn is the way to go, this time. I would use a water soluable fusible and do either a blanket, stain or zig zag to sew them down.

Blog Entries
    Not quilt related but when I first saw the pic I thought of a door draft stopper....stablize the fabric to make it stronger. Please be sure to let us know what you decide.

Pam
    Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    I agree with applique. But I don't think needleturn is the way to go, this time. I would use a water soluable fusible and do either a blanket, stain or zig zag to sew them down.
    I agree. Needleturn is too much work for t shirts! I sure do like fusable though!

How about cutting it in half long-ways, sewing the two pieces together for one long strip, then using it as a ruffle on the bottom of a jumper or dress? Put the fronts of the cats on the front and put the backs on the back? That would be really cute!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast