Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cathedral Window Blocks

Blog Entries
    I have several cathedral window pillows that my mother and I made in the 1980's. We both used them on our beds. They are all different colors of gingham checks and still look like new. I would like to make them into a throw or a baby quilt. Do any of you have any suggestions. I haven't taken the ruffles off of them yet, either so I do have some original fabric I could use in some manner.

Would appreciate any ideas your wonderfully creative minds can come up with.

Look in the tutorial section, Eddie did a tute on cathedral windows, see if this helps.

Blog Entries
    could you make a wallhanging from them and put her picture in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Pollyv9
    I have several cathedral window pillows that my mother and I made in the 1980's. We both used them on our beds. They are all different colors of gingham checks and still look like new. I would like to make them into a throw or a baby quilt. Do any of you have any suggestions. I haven't taken the ruffles off of them yet, either so I do have some original fabric I could use in some manner.

Would appreciate any ideas your wonderfully creative minds can come up with.

Blog Entries
    Craftybear, only 2 responses but both great. I like your idea for a wallhanging and I have already found the photo of my Mother and myself for the center square. Thanks a bunch.

I love the idea of a wall hanging. Please post a pic when you do it. What a great heirloom. Mom and daughter both involved in the making of the wall hanging.

Blog Entries
    Have you decided what to do with the Cathedral Windows yet? I really like the idea of a wall hanging with your mom's picture in the middle. Maybe even put a picture of you both, since she passed the quilting tradition down to you.

Banned
    My mother and I have made CW for years. I now sell the kits and customers have made potholders, tote bags, tablerunners, table toppers and even vest out of them. :thumbup:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have been wanting to try CW forever! I love the totes! Do you do yours by hand or by machine? Sue in PA (A lurker until now!)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sztreasures
    I have been wanting to try CW forever! I love the totes! Do you do yours by hand or by machine? Sue in PA (A lurker until now!)
    We do the first stage by machine (folding in half and sew the edges) and then the rest by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollyv9
    Craftybear, only 2 responses but both great. I like your idea for a wallhanging and I have already found the photo of my Mother and myself for the center square. Thanks a bunch.
    that sounds like it will be beautiful, be sure to show us some pics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast