Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Cathedral Window-Join the Journey

Blog Entries
    Beautiful work all!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    I love all the different CW posted! Beautiful, would join you but my plate is full! Will have to be satisfied with living vicariously through you all
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

I'd love to join but if there's a bright shiney object or new quilt technique that catches my eye I'm outta here. You can only imagine my stack of UFO's. Oldest is a handquilted queen size that is 85% done from 1989. Get the picture? LOL Have fun!
    Keep smiling, it makes others wonder what you're up to!

Blog Entries

Cw progress

It has been a while since I have updated. I have 11 out of 36 (units) complete and together. This has been hibernating for a while being I had a couple of other projects that had to take priority. I am having second thoughts on how I did things. I have only tacked my corners of the windows and did not go all the way through. With that said, now I am questioning durability. (visualizing something getting caught in the "pockets" and pulling them loose). As much as it makes me cringe to have to go back, I am considering going over the windows to go all the way through. On a positive note, I do have all of the base squares cut to complete the whole King size. Wished I could say I had them all folded and ironed, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by TeresaPendino; 07-25-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Adding photo

I will join in!! I started one 5 years ago, when i won a trip to fly to Florida to the Daytona 500 and wanted a hand sewing project to take along with me.

My colored squares are from a lot of my guild friends, although I am not bothered if there is a duplicate or 2. In the end, mine will be queen size.

Faye

Blog Entries
    @scrappingfaye38: What an exciting trip you must of had! We look forward to seeing and hearing about your progress. At times, I find myself needing motivation to keep moving forward, lol.

It's lookin' good!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    I would look for a really lightweight shirting denim. The combination of folds etc. would make heavier denim unworkable in MHO (my humble opinion)
    Quote Originally Posted by blahel View Post
    what a great idea as I have been thinking of making a cathedral window for a while...my question would be this: I would like to make a handbag (or purse I think you call it) and use the cathedral window blocks in it. Would denim be too heavy a material to sew through? I have a blue batik with fish on it which I know my friend would love but have nothing else but denim to go with it.

Eddie's tutorial on this board is a very good one to use.

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I am here...no two same centers and working on the next block now. Yours are so much neater!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast