Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cats in the sewing room??? >

Cats in the sewing room???

Cats in the sewing room???

Old 04-18-2010, 07:14 AM

I keep a clear plastic bag taped to the table where my sewing machine is to keep all the threads I cut, etc. in. However, the cat is always on the table or nearby when I sew. He could put his paw into the bag to get the threads. I am careful about the pins also. The magnetic pin cushion waved over the area where sewing takes place is a good idea to get the pins which have fallen. I do find pins on the floor under my desk/table where I sew. Thanks for the info on the threads being dangerous to cats.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:14 AM

Threads, yarns, and ribbons aren't the only things that can cause "hiney" problems! My cat Molly "produced" a gold chain one day. Thankfully, there were no repercussions but all my jewelry (mostly fake! :-) ) now goes directly into a jewelry case!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by sewmom
I don't have the time today to post pix of my furry kids as I'm getting ready to go to our church's ladies retreat. I will post some soon on this thread. BTW the retreat doesn't start til 5 but I want to go early so I can go to a few quilt shops. I already have my maps ready!
Well here are pix of my furry children, LOL! rocky is laid back andyet a real pill! angie is the one who runs off with wool yarn if she can get it! and Bailey who is 13 is the only one allowed in my sewing room. he sleeps alot

Angie, our 1st MC. she has extra toes on all 4 feet.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22639[/ATTACH]

Bailey, our dom. long hair
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22640[/ATTACH]

Rocky, our newest MC. he is 13 mos. old.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22641[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-22639.jpe   attachment-22640.jpe   attachment-22641.jpe   attachment-22970.jpe  
Old 04-29-2010, 08:07 AM

Pretty MC's. I have always wanted a Main Coon. My friend, Pat, had one years ago. She said her baby got up to 23 lbs. and was just a sweet cat. Annie, my little gray kitty, loves in when I'm in the sewing room. yesterday she slept in one of the binds of fabric.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:52 PM

Awww, sewmom -- all 3 of them are just precious!!!! I just want to hold and squeeze and pet them all at once!! :lol:
Old 04-29-2010, 02:19 PM

Thanks, sewjoyce. Rocky would just love you! he will push his head up under your hand so you will rub his head. if you stop he head butts you! he has always done this . OBTW, he weighs about 20# and likes to sit on my chest when i'm trying to watch tv. the kitties in your avatar are really cute too, sewjoyce. do they do the lick, lick, bite routine too?
Old 04-29-2010, 02:44 PM

Your babies are beautiful. I have a head butter as well!
Old 04-29-2010, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by sewmom
Thanks, sewjoyce. Rocky would just love you! he will push his head up under your hand so you will rub his head. if you stop he head butts you! he has always done this . OBTW, he weighs about 20# and likes to sit on my chest when i'm trying to watch tv. the kitties in your avatar are really cute too, sewjoyce. do they do the lick, lick, bite routine too?
Yep, lick, lick, bite the throat, war is on :lol: :lol: :lol: they are SO funny...whenever she licks him, he just oohs and aahs and looks like he's saying, "don't quit, not there, oh yeah, there.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anytime Rocky might need a new place to hang out, remember me! :lol:
Old 04-29-2010, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Threads, yarns, and ribbons aren't the only things that can cause "hiney" problems! My cat Molly "produced" a gold chain one day. Thankfully, there were no repercussions but all my jewelry (mostly fake! :-) ) now goes directly into a jewelry case!
Also keep in mind tinsel off the christmas trees and the fake grass in easter baskets. both can also be deadly.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:57 PM

My sewing room is my dining room. Here are some of my babies:

Dusty helping me applique
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25009[/ATTACH]

Cali, my computer and trying to catch the balls
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25010[/ATTACH]

Not allowed to sew
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25011[/ATTACH]

Patches in my laundry.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25012[/ATTACH]

My ironing board is under there somewhere
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25013[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-25009.jpe   attachment-25010.jpe   attachment-25011.jpe   attachment-25012.jpe   attachment-25013.jpe