Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Caution! Don't do what I did

Unhappy Caution! Don't do what I did

I was doing some sewing in our motel room and I left the electric cord and machine pedal when we checked out. I was not aware that I had left it until 2 wks later. Needless to say, they couldn't find the missing cord. And now my sewing is on hold until I can find a new cord. My machine is a Janome Stylist 509. Don't make the same mistake I did.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-22-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Hope you find a cord soon......that is too bad that someone who cleaned the room could not have been honest enough to turn it in. Good luck.!!
    If it wasn't for stress.......I wouldn't have any energy at all !!
    Nancy

Oh no!!!! I've only done that with a phone charger. Of course, didn't realize it until a week later.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

I did that with a Kindle Charger. The local Janome store should have the cords and pedal you need.
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

Blog Entries
    some lessons are very painful

One time I left a pair of shoes in a hotel room. I called the hotel and described the shoes and gave them the room# we were in. I pretty much had zero hope of the shoes turning up so you can imagine my surprise when a few days later, the hotel sent the shoes to my home. It's comforting to know that there are honest people and honest companies that do the right thing.

Blog Entries
    I have left many cords to various items in hotel rooms over the years by relying on other family members to remember to check that everything is packed. I don't allow myself to fret over it. I'll probably lose a few more down the road. Now when I have a cord for anything I try to find a back up on Ebay to have as a spare. I have two cords for all my machines except my Bernina. It never leaves the house.
    Got fabric?

lesson learned the hard way ;-(
    always unplug from the source.

Can't help with the pedal, but when I forgot my electric cord at our vacation place, my son came to my rescue with the cord for his PS2 which worked perfectly.
    Diana

I am really surprised they don't have it. We have stayed at hotels before and not brought the charger with us. They have had a box of miscellaneous cords at the desk that they let us borrow from.

Hopefully replacement costs won't be too exorbitant. Really sorry this happened to you.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast