Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
chainsaw mishap, and help with doll swap >

chainsaw mishap, and help with doll swap

chainsaw mishap, and help with doll swap

Old 07-09-2008, 05:42 PM

Hello, I still haven't got to my dolls. I may have a little trouble getting to them.... My 73 year old step dad who is very active decided to climb a roof with a chainsaw and chop down some tree limbs. The chainsaw bumped and got his leg. It is a wonder he didn't chop it off. He is on a blood thinner too and I thought we were going to bleed to death before I got him to the hospital. Anyway he ended up with about 40-50 stitches inside repairing a muscle and tendon and 15 staples plus 3 stitches on the outside to get him back together. Got him home Monday but by Tuesday it still would not stop bleeding and his blood pressure which is normally high was extremely low. So spend yesterday in the ER too. Anyway got him some fluids, antibiotics, and some surgi stuff to try and stop the bleeding. He went to the ortho doc today and he said maybe in a week we would see where he stands to get the staples out but it could be up to 3 weeks. They just want to heal as soon as they can and get them out so they can keep that muscle from healing to where it won't flex. Then he may have to have therapy. It is right to the left of his kneecap right where you bend. It goes down long wise and he can't bend it or the staples can rip out and it bleeds again thanks to the blood thinners. Anyway, right now I am his only nurse....lol. I take care of his medical. His real kids come around long enough to make sure it is not life threatening then they are too busy for everything else. But that is okay I do it because I want to.
So sewing is not happening right now, he can't even hardly get up to even use the restroom, and that is bad because he takes water pills....lol.
Anyway I was wondering if anyone would want to do the dolls for my girls and whoever is doing mine could have the ones that is being done for me. If not I will see what I can do, but I go back to work tomorrow too. I will check back. I am sorry for this but hopefully it will work out.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:03 PM

What a GREAT daughter you are.........!!!! You might be a step daughter by name but you are a daughter by heart!

I hope he is doing better. I can't imagine finding him. Silly Goose what was he doing on the roof anyway??? Let alone with a chain saw!
Giving up your independance is very difficult!
Old 07-09-2008, 06:27 PM

OK...
Wow! Sorry to hear the bad news, girlie! Your step-dad sounds like he's had quite a scare, as well as the rest of your family. It's crazy how just an ordinary thing can turn into something so awful. I'm wishing him the best. You're such a sweetie for being his nurse!

You are out of the doll swap! OOOH....don't let that sound harsh like it really sounds...let it sound like relief!! I just mean you don't have to worry. This is where an "ANGEL" comes in. Quite literally. We may have to extend some deadlines, which is no biggie. I'm sure we can get another "angel" to step in and make a doll for your other parter. I will be an angel and take one of them. I don't mind if you keep the doll you receive. You don't need to send it to me or anything. The only thing I need is more time! If you feel you really want to do the doll swap and only need more time, please let me know. BUT this can be out of your hands, and we'll take care of it.

And just one more BUT...I can be an angel, but I DO need more time....if someone else can be an angel and get the doll out by Saturday, you are welcome to have the position...PM ME TO LET ME KNOW...I GET LOST WITH THE POSTS SOMETIMES....
Old 07-09-2008, 07:19 PM

quiltingturtle and barbsbus volunteered too. You all are ANGELS! When I get back in the swing of things i will make it up to you sweeties! Thank you, off to bed so I can get back to work tomorrow too. My son and hubby will help with stepdad in between their jobs and activities. Plus I come home for my lunch, I work only 5 minutes away. Just seems like always rushing around. It is worth it though! He is a tough stubborn old bird...... he will be up in no time I am sure! Thanks again to all!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:40 PM

Wow Toni!!! Sooo sorry to hear about your dad you indeed are a great daughter!!! Not to worry, I'm sure there will be more doll baby swaps!! {{{{{huggers}}}}}
Old 07-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Power Poster

Bless your heart, he is lucky to have you! Hope he heals quickly and the bleeding stops.

Sorry, I can't help you out, but I have 24 golf towels to embroider before the 22nd of this month. I'm going to have to put a hold on my quilting too.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:33 AM

Gee whiz I don't want to even think of what could have happened....Your main concern is to get the man well...I will say a prayer for the whole family ....your gonna need it....God bless...
Old 07-10-2008, 02:22 AM

OMG! That's scarey!
Toni, remember to take care of yourself too.
You are an angel for what you are doing.
:)
Old 07-10-2008, 04:05 AM

Unless someone else is doing it , I would be glad to help. Mine are done and in the mail :wink:

Hope all is back to normal real quick :D
Old 07-10-2008, 04:20 AM
Izy

omg what a scare!! Best wishes for a quick recovery, you are a treasure for looking after him, I am sure SD appreciates what you are doing for him :D