Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chalkboard cloth--does it work?

I saw a pattern for a placemat using chalkboard cloth. Sounds like a great idea for my grandson. Trying to find some is another problem. I found one site on line that had it for $8.40 a yard, but the shipping was $12.66. I won't buy from sites that have that high shipping rates. But before I spend time researching, I wanted to see if anyone has tried this. The only consistent thing I see is that it has to be "primed" first with chalk. :thumbup: or :thumbdown:

they have it at Fabric.com, too. If your order is over $35, shipping is free. I don't usually have ANY problem finding things to order, so I won't have to pay shipping.

Blog Entries
    Be on the lookout for free shipping codes. A lot of people put them on here when they find them. I tend to use it when I just want to see how the service is or quality of material. I will buy just a small amount as a trial run.

I have used it and it is great.I was looking for some more. my LQS was carry it but has sold out and is not gettting any more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnmama
    I saw a pattern for a placemat using chalkboard cloth. Sounds like a great idea for my grandson. Trying to find some is another problem. I found one site on line that had it for $8.40 a yard, but the shipping was $12.66. I won't buy from sites that have that high shipping rates. But before I spend time researching, I wanted to see if anyone has tried this. The only consistent thing I see is that it has to be "primed" first with chalk. :thumbup: or :thumbdown:
    I love the chalkboard fabric, I made my grand daughter a wall hanging using it and she loves to write her abc's on it. It works great!!

My mom used it on a game quilt. But She said it couldn't go in the washing machine. so it's on to just stick to the center of the quilt. Just make sure you read the directions first.

I have seen it in our local sewing stores, it is out there. I am going to try some.

I have some but not sure how to use it. With batting, wouldn't it be too soft to write on? Does it need to be stiffer? Interfacing?

I bought a couple of yards at Joannes last summer with a 50% off coupon. I simply used it as a tableclothe the kids could color on while I made meals. Worked well, you just have to prep it by rubbing it all over with chalk and wiping it off first.

Blog Entries
    My 2 year old DD loves her tote that I made with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast