Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Changing bobbin with SewEzi table >

Changing bobbin with SewEzi table

Changing bobbin with SewEzi table

Old 05-05-2014, 01:22 PM

Default Changing bobbin with SewEzi table

I have the PQ1500 Brother. Thinking about getting another table and looking at SewEzi. I asked the company, and the owner said that there was 2" clearance to change the bobbin.

I have about that much clearance in a Horn cabinet right now. OK for front load bobbins, but the 1500 is side load.

If anyone has this combo, how do you change the bobbin if you have a quilt draped over the table?
Do you need to be a contortionist? Remove everything? Or what?

Thanks
Old 05-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

I have the same machine that sits in a Gidget table. The plates lift up just like it was not sitting in the table and I can't tell any difference changing the bobbin in the table or out. I don't use the cut out table to fit the opening, just use the extension table that came with it when it's in the table. I use the cut out fitting for another machine.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:24 PM

In my opinion, it can be a little difficult, but not impossible, to change the bobbin in that machine if you have a quilt on it. I have the extension table with a little access door, and I can do it, but I need to lift the quilt up to the right and drape it over the machine.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:11 AM

How do you use the table that came with the machine instead of a cut out? Does it just lay there over the opening or does it fit in the opening?

I took the little door to the bobbin cover off. It shouldn't bother anything since safetywise, it's out of the way.
I forget to close the bobbin door on the Pfaff all the time if it's set into the cabinet or it has the embroidery hoop on. Hasn't seemed to bother it since I clean it out a lot anyway.

How sturdy is that Gidget table?

Thanks for the info. I don't feel quite as dumb now. Everyone raves about a product and never gives you the full info.
Most of the complaints about any table have been vibration.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:47 AM

The extension table butts up against the bed of the machine and has a door of its own.

A note about vibration - I have found that if you set the machine on a reinforced table, such as a desk with drawers, there isn't much vibration. If your table is the fold-up kind, set the machine at the end of the table, over the legs. You will still get vibration, but not as much.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]474694[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sewing-machine-extension-door.jpg  
Old 05-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

My table's rack where the machine sits is adjustable. I can lower the machine down low enough so the extension table is flush.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
My table's rack where the machine sits is adjustable. I can lower the machine down low enough so the extension table is flush.
Which Gidget table? I or II?

I looked at the extension table that came with the machine - I can't get it exactly flush but can get it to line up in the Horn Cabinet with the pin that inserts into the machine. I'd be afraid of breaking the pin on the extension table.

I have mine inset into a Horn 2136 cabinet. I haven't adjusted the lift, just shimmed it as it is set for the 2170.
The cabinet is designed for the older smaller machines, so the opening isn't quite large enough - it's close but no cigar.
I have a 1/8" plexi surround. I usually have to move the surround so I can get to the bobbin from above.
It does have enough gap to need an insert.

Changing the bobbin can be a major pain, especially if you have a Supreme Slider on the machine and have to tape it since the underside is full of cat hair thanks to our fluffybutt feral.

Last edited by Weezy Rider; 05-06-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:17 PM

Thanks, I moved the machine closer to the front and side. I have no idea why this did not occur to me.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

You can adjust the extension table by turning the feet underneath to get it perfectly level.